WIP: New Twins Stadium

APR

I finally decided on a team and build site, and I picked the Minnesota Twins. After careful deliberation I decided to keep the stadium in Minneapolis after reviewing several possible sites in St. Paul. The stadium will overlook not only the beautiful downtown landscape of Minnepolis, but also the breathtaking Saint Anthony Falls.

twinsbuildsite8mn.th.jpg

More updates to come including the first scans of the New Twins Stadium.

Yes, it took a while to find a park that was in a good location with a view of the city and Saint Anthony Falls.

My park is also very large. Here is a comparison: (estimated of course using the measure feature with Google Earth)

H.H.H. Metrodome sits on a plot of land 1/3 the size of the plot I am using.

Now I need to come up with a design to fill that space. 8O

If you look towards the bottom left where you can choose if the map shows roads, landmarks, etc.; scroll down and look for 3D Buildings or something of that nature.

Only select cities have this feature, so your 2 stoplight towns won't have the General Store as 3D, but most cities should. I was lucky that Minneapolis was one of the select cities.

Sorry to dissapoint but no, but thanks for comparing my work to whomever was able to put together that work of art. Despite how similar they look right now, I can assure you that my finished product will not look like that. :D

Ok so I have decided to change the design of the stadium and the location...again.

After looking at some websites for inspiration, I realized that most stadiums with an 'ora' or 'presence' about them have been renovated or changed throughout the years.

So...what that means is that I am going to attempt to extremely renovate HHH Metrodome. I plan on scrapping that nasty roof, and some of the seating, especially in the outfield. I will also get rid of the baggies, and put in some padded walls for Torri Hunters sake. All of this will be seen in some rough sketches.

Archived