Need a little advice...

Royal Blues

Ok, I'm finally updating my sig (more or less a complete overhaul with the exception of a few things), but it's not quite 100% how I'd like it. I've spent the better part of two evenings working on this (compare to my current sig), mostly with extracting the players from their respective pics. The border I made from scratch some time ago, and I'd really like to keep that.

What I'm trying to do is give my sig an old photograph feel. I tried the film grain filter in Photoshop, but it's just a tad too grainy, so I tried a couple different blending techniques, but I still can't get it the way I want it. I've tried good-tutorials and couldn't find what I wanted there either. Does anybody have any ideas or techniques they could share with me (hint, KC, lol)?

royalbluessig037gu.jpg

On another note, what do you guys think of this new sig overall, and in comparison with my old one?

Hmm...well, did you try toning down the grain filter? I'm pretty sure there are settings for it. If you want to keep the blue instead of that old, washed out look, then go to Hue/Saturation and tint everything blue. I think you can get rid of the "KC" logo above the second guy to the left (looks like Weaver?), and not use the Bevel/Emboss effect on the Royals logo. Maybe take a photo of Kauffman and set the logo to overlay. Tint the stadium blue. I dunno...just fool around with stuff like that and see what you get.

-BBHD

Archived