Brewers Baseball: A Milwaukee Brewers Dynasty

APR

BrewersBaseballBannercopy.jpg

Can you smell what APR is cooking? It's another beastly dynasty. This time with the jumpstart Milwaukee Brewers. If you've read my previous dynasty, you know what to expect, if not, check it out here.

Game Settings

Difficulty:	All Star

Sliders:	   My Own Mix

Datafile:	  Maddies' Datafile v.3

Rosters:	   Ultimate Rosters v. 6.0

Misc:		  Strike Zone Off  Hot Colds Off  Pitch Cursor Fade

Expect the first update to be rosters, and then the second to be the first game of the season.

'Crew Wins Opener Behind Sheets

Game1copy.jpg

Above Left: Bernie Brewer takes his first slide of the season. Above Right: 1B Prince Fielder picks off Nate McLouth to end the game.

If there were any questions to be asked about Ben Sheets health, they were answered today as he dominated the Pirates in Cy Young fashion. Sheets began the game striking out 6 of the first 9 Pirates to step into the batters box. On the day he finished with 7 strikeouts in 8 innings, striking out slugger Jason Bay twice.

"I really felt in control out there," Sheets said. "I had good control of all of my pitches, and my defense came up big on a couple plays, so I can't take all the credit," Sheets said with a wink.

"Ben really had electric stuff out there this afternoon," said Manager Ned Yost. "If he can give us quality starts like today the rest of the year, I think we have a legitimate shot at the playoffs."

The Brewers were able to squeeze out a 2-0 win over the Bucs for their first win of the season. The 'Crew's offense came way of a Bill Hall RBI single in the 2nd inning, and a solo home run care of Brady Clark in the 6th.

The next game for the Brewers will pit two crafty lefties as Doug Davis and Oliver Perez square off for their first starts of the year.

Boxscore:

R  H  E

PIT  0  6  0

MIL  2  5  0

WP: Sheets (1-0) LP: Duke (0-1) SV: Turnbow (1)

Injury Update!

Pittsburgh Pirates SP Zach Duke has been placed on the 60-Day DL for suffering a seperated shoulder during his game versus the Milwaukee Brewers.

Fielder's "Grand" Opening

Game2.jpg

Above Left: A Game of inches. Above Right: Milwaukee celebrates 2nd straight victory.

Today the Brewers were able to showcase their pitching depth as they beat the Pirates for the second time in as many days. The offense was lead by Prince Fielder, who crushed an opposite field grand slam in the third inning. Brady Clark added another RBI in the sixth to give the Brewers a total of five runs as they went on to beat the Bucs 5-2.

"Doug [Davis] and the rest of the 'pen pitched really well today," said manager Ned Yost. "Although I wasn't suprised at all, I knew all through spring training that we would have a solid core of pitchers in the 'pen and rotation."

Starer Doug Davis was able to pitch six innings, striking out six, and allowing only two runners to score. One of those runs came via a bases-loaded HBP, something Doug said, "[he] would work on."

For the second day in a row, Derrick Turnbow came in for the 9th and earned his second save in as many days. Turnbow is off to a solid start this season, pitching in two innings ans striking out two.

In the other dugout, pitching was a different story. Oliver Perez of the Pirates walked 8 in his season debut. "I had trouble finding the strikezone all night," Perez said. "But I do not expect this to be a preview for the rest of the season, I will rebound and pitch much better next time out."

Tomorrow marks the end of the first series of the year for both the Pirates and the Brewers as we will see Victor Santos take on Chris Capuano in the finale.

Boxscore:

R  H  E

PIT  2  8  0

MIL  5  6  0

WP: Davis (1-0) LP: Perez (0-1) SV: Turnbow (2)

Thx for the cordial comments guys.

For the boxscore, its fairly simple.

[%code]Boxscore:

R H E

PIT 2 8 0

MIL 5 6 0

WP: Davis (1-0) LP: Perez (0-1) SV: Turnbow (2)

[/%code]

Thats what the coding looks like, except for the '%' sign of course. Feel free to copy-paste and use it. What the code function allows you to do is line everything up, so it looks nice.

Due to unforseen circumstances I am going to be shutting my dynasty with the Brewers down. Reason being that I feel like posting on here is taking away from my MVP experience, so to speak. This is the same thing that happened last summer with my A's dynasty, and I apologize again.

Unless I can figure out a way to post my dynasty that isn't so time consuming, don't get your expectations up for another dynasty. But then again...you never know, I might be able to concoct a monthly update kinda deal.

Due to unforseen circumstances I am going to be shutting my dynasty with the Brewers down. Reason being that I feel like posting on here is taking away from my MVP experience, so to speak. This is the same thing that happened last summer with my A's dynasty, and I apologize again.

Unless I can figure out a way to post my dynasty that isn't so time consuming, don't get your expectations up for another dynasty. But then again...you never know, I might be able to concoct a monthly update kinda deal.

Same thing happened to me and my Marlins, I spent way too much time trying to make perfect recaps that I forgot that I had a dynasty to play. Another thing was trying to get the games to play how the people that read my thread wanted them to be; every game competitive and as reaslistic as possible. I found myself sometimes purposely striking out or purposely giving up homeruns.

Well your dynasty looked good APR, but now hopefully you're playing it for right reason - your personal enjoyment. :wtg:

Ya, i never post dynasties. Well actually i cant since i have an xbox but even if i could i probably wouldnt post them. kgbaseball is right, its about ur self enjoyment. I dont know how Lual or Rolliefingers could make there dynasties so awesome. Those ones were so great!!!

Archived