MVP Baseball 2005 Online 101

PolishJoe

Hello,

I've been reading through several threads on the site - including all of those in this section. However, I still am a bit confused. :? I have some general questions regarding online gameplay in MVP 2005.

:arrow: Assuming a DirectIP to DirectIP connection

1) Can users use mods? If so, which ones, i.e camera angles, datafiles, rosters, etc.

2) When adjusting the sliders, must the host do so or can the connector do so? Also, regarding sliders, can both players adjust sliders?

3) Is there a way to save the game's results in-game so that later it may be viewed with the MVPSav Reader?

Thanks for any information. I've never played online before and one of my friends wants to buy MVP since I showed him this site. But, he's also heavily determined to play online - especially if it's possible to do so with 2006 rosters.

Hello,

I've been reading through several threads on the site - including all of those in this section. However, I still am a bit confused. :? I have some general questions regarding online gameplay in MVP 2005.

:arrow: Assuming a DirectIP to DirectIP connection

1) Can users use mods? If so, which ones, i.e camera angles, datafiles, rosters, etc.

2) When adjusting the sliders, must the host do so or can the connector do so? Also, regarding sliders, can both players adjust sliders?

3) Is there a way to save the game's results in-game so that later it may be viewed with the MVPSav Reader?

Thanks for any information. I've never played online before and one of my friends wants to buy MVP since I showed him this site. But, he's also heavily determined to play online - especially if it's possible to do so with 2006 rosters.

I will do my best to answer your three questions.

Yes you can. You can use modded stadiums, the newest rosters from SwinginSoriano or Ultimate Rosters and datafiles. But you must and I mean MUST have exactly the same datafile and same roster to play online.

That I don't know. Every game I played on Direct IP my opponent nor myself have ever adjusted sliders. But now that I think about it, the host player should be able to adjust sliders to the approval of both players. You should agree on what sliders to adjust before you get to playing the game of course.

Yeah, you can save your stats with Fraps. What I do at the end of the game is go in the boxscore area and save all my stats by hitting F10 in Fraps. Then I have all my stats if I am keeping track of them.

I hope this helped.

I hope this helped.

You have no idea how much man! :mrgreen:

I was afraid to tell my friend he can play the 06 mod online since I was never too sure that we could pull it off. However, if we just need the same game, files, etc. that's not an issue at all. Heck, he's not too PC literate so he waits on me before installing any files in other games, (Unreal Tournament 2k4). I don't see how MVP06 mod should be any different.

As for the stats thing, you know, I honestly never thought of taking a screen. :oops: But that makes a ton of sense!

Thanks a ton Y4L! I really appreciate your help!

As for the stats thing, you know, I honestly never thought of taking a screen. :oops: But that makes a ton of sense!

I'm glad this helped you and also your friend out. One thing I want to add before you get going with this about Fraps is that I take my screenshots after the game is done. That's when I load fraps. Let me explain why. Sometimes if you have fraps loaded while you are playing the game it can cause a lag. So, for me to avoid this problem, I minimize the game when it is all finished. (I think I hit Alt-tab or something, it could be different on your system) and then I start up fraps and go in there and save all my stats.

Now, for you this may be different. You might be able to play the game with fraps running. You just might. So do it by trial and error and give it a shot.

So, I just wanted to post that I finally played MVP online! :mrgreen:

I hosted my friend and we played a flawless game. Granted, he literally bought the game and threw on the mods I gave him without ever first playing MVP, but it was awesome! Knock on wood, there was no difference in online gameplay compared to single-player gameplay! :yeah:

However, there was one main gripe I had: the POV.

I understand that when playing against another person I generally accept that the camera angle is the same for both hitting & pitching. That is, instead of say Camera 5/ 6, we've always used just 5 or whatever angle. But, I was not aware that when playing online users are restricted to just camera 1. :(

My question is, if I went into my datafile and basically flipped camera 1 with my modded camera 5 and vice versa, would the Camera 5 perspective then be what I'd see online? Also, I'd have to send my friend my datafile as well, right?

- Thanks for any help anyone can provide and thanks for all the help so far! It was fun playing online!

Archived