NBA Playoffs

OleEnglishD

I'm stuck on the Western Conference. I can't decide whether to go with the Spurs or the Suns. Eventually I think the Pistons win it again and the NBA season can FINALLY be over. Honestly, who's idea was it to make the first round series 7 games? The playoffs last entirely too long!

Pistons are the favorite...the Nets are playing good ball but I am hopeful for a Detroit - Miami ECF rematch so the Pistons can beat down on the Heat like they did last year. I loathe the Heat with a passion , and I would greatly enjoy it if the Pistons swept the Heat and embarass them completely.

If the Spurs and Pistons meet in the finals I hope the Spurs win but Detroit is 2-0 against them this year. :(

Because the Pistons are a better team , have a better bench , and have better starters. The only advantage Miami has against a powerful team like Detroit is probably center and maybe shooting guard. Otherwise Detroit has a better point guard and power forward.

Miami made ignorant moves last offseason and failed to address defensive concerns. When a team is weak defensively , usually they don't trade for more offensive talent like Antoine Walker and Jason Williams. Detroit's defense will shut down Miami and the Pistons will win in 5 (assuming they even meet in the ECF , a team like the Nets could easily knock Miami out)

Because the Pistons are a better team , have a better bench , and have better starters. The only advantage Miami has against a powerful team like Detroit is probably center and maybe shooting guard. Otherwise Detroit has a better point guard and power forward.

Miami made ignorant moves last offseason and failed to address defensive concerns. When a team is weak defensively , usually they don't trade for more offensive talent like Antoine Walker and Jason Williams. Detroit's defense will shut down Miami and the Pistons will win in 5 (assuming they even meet in the ECF , a team like the Nets could easily knock Miami out)

I totally agree with every word The key in any sport is consistency. Look at the Pistons and Spurs. They just tweak their rosters while the heat revamped the whole thing. I still dont understand why they did that. They almost beat the Pistons last year in the playoffs.

Dude, Miami defense is basically the same, last year they had an average 32.2 defensive rebounds, and this year their at 32.6 rebounds, compared to Detroits 28.6 rebounds. So you definitely don't know what you are talking about there.

Secondly, Miami is averaging 100.2 points per game, compared to Detroits 97 points per game. 3 points may not seem like a big difference, but it is.

And when you said that J-Will and Antoine Walker aren't good on defense, lmao, they average 3-5 rebounds a game, that doesn't even compare to Detroit, because all Detroit has on defensive is Sheed and Ben Wallace, other then those two, they leading defensive rebounder is Tayshaun Prince with an average 2-3 per game.

So my suggestion to you is, before you talk, make sure you know the stats.

Stats dont really matter IMHO. Watch the games. If you dont think that the Pistons have any other defenders than the Wallace's check out Tayshaun Prince and Chauncey Billups who were both on the All Defensive 2nd Team last year. Lindsay Hunter is also known around the league as "The Wall" or the "One Man Press." So there are your defenders. As for rebounding, I am not to concerned, how many wins did the Pistons get this season? Home court throughout the playoffs.

I'm stuck on the Western Conference. I can't decide whether to go with the Spurs or the Suns. Eventually I think the Pistons win it again and the NBA season can FINALLY be over. Honestly, who's idea was it to make the first round series 7 games? The playoffs last entirely too long!

Don't go with either.

Go with Dallas.

GO MAVS GO!!!!

The important thing is that Detroit went 3-1 against Miami this year , and one of the games was a fluke. As long as they can contain Wade the Pistons should have no problem. I would be very shocked if the Heat could actually beat the Pistons in a 7 game series.

Maybe in a few more years Miami will be good enough to take over Detroit's spot as the best team in the East , but until then they are and will be 2nd to the Pistons. Deeeeeeeee-Troit Basketball!

I wish they would come out and say when exactly the games are going to be. I know this weekend, some Saturday, some Sunday...I have a few sets of tickets to both(Cavs vs. Zards), and would really like to know!!! :p

Dude, Miami is going to take Detroit in 5 games. Wade isn't the only player Detroit is going to have to defend, and if that is the case then you guys are even more screwed. J-Will can nail almost any 3 pointer in the clutch, and Shaq and Walker will kill you in the post, and Udonis Haslem is a great key player.

Also have you ever heard of bench, having key bench players will definitely help out a team. Miami's bench is stacked with Alonzo Mourning, Gary Payton, James Posey, Dorell Wright, Derek Anderson (having a great season as a bench player) and Shandon Anderson, they all averaging combined around 30 points a game in the little time that they play.

Now compare that to Detroit's bench, the best player on their is Antonio McDyess who is first off 32 years old, I guess the next best bench player you can name may be Lindsey Hunter or Kelvin Cato, but their not that great. Detroit's bench averages around 25 points a game, which again in the long run makes a big difference.

But the truth is, we'll see what the outcome is when the series takes place.

Dude, Miami is going to take Detroit in 5 games. Wade isn't the only player Detroit is going to have to defend, and if that is the case then you guys are even more screwed. J-Will can nail almost any 3 pointer in the clutch, and Shaq and Walker will kill you in the post, and Udonis Haslem is a great key player.

Also have you ever heard of bench, having key bench players will definitely help out a team. Miami's bench is stacked with Alonzo Mourning, Gary Payton, James Posey, Dorell Wright, Derek Anderson (having a great season as a bench player) and Shandon Anderson, they all averaging combined around 30 points a game in the little time that they play.

Now compare that to Detroit's bench, the best player on their is Antonio McDyess who is first off 32 years old, I guess the next best bench player you can name may be Lindsey Hunter or Kelvin Cato, but their not that great. Detroit's bench averages around 25 points a game, which again in the long run makes a big difference.

Us arguing back and forth about it isn't going to prove anything. Lets just hope we will see that matchup later in the playoffs. What I was wondering is what Haslem was thinking throwing his mouthpiece at the ref?

• 4 weeks later...

Mavs had 3-1 series lead on Spurs but now they go to game 7.

The Pistons avoid elimination by coming back from 3-2 to win in 7. Now a highly-anticipated rematch of last year's ECF , where many believe Miami would have won if "Wade wasn't hurt" and other excuses , will be played starting next Tuesday.

I can't wait.

Guest McCovey521

Man, you need to leave them drugs alone son. No way Miami beats Detroit. I give Cleveland a lot of credit, for extending the series to 7 games. However, Miami isn't nearly as good as Cleveland on defense. They are 2 different teams, and I actually think Detroit will have a easier time with Miami. Miami's weakness is perimeter defense, one of Detroit's strengths. Detroit in six. Book it.

• 2 weeks later...

How the hell are the Heat up 3-1 on the Pistons right now? The Pistons did finish with the league's best record , right? Yet they find themselves down 3-1 to a team that is clearly less talented (with the exception of center and shooting guard Detroit has the advantage at every other starting position).

I guess it is kind of hard to compete with Miami when they keep putting double-digit leads on the Pistons , and the Pistons have to keep fighting back. Instead of the Pistons dominating a team that they are clearly better than , they fall behind by 10 in game 3 , and as much as 14 in game 4 , and have to crawl their way back. Then , when they come close in the 4th they inexplicably run out of gas and Miami goes on a run to seal the deal.

The Pistons might win game 5 but the Heat will win it in 6. This is too much for them to come back from now...if you keep playing on the edge eventually you will fall off.

Archived