Firstbaseman's Mitt uploaded

raindelay7

This is based on Jitter's superb "Pujols Rawling" - thank you very much Jitter!

And big thanks to bartw and Marcus for creating the other gloves in the fglv.fsh.

Thanks also to rossmac7 for keeping the firstbaseman glove issue alive (rossmac7 please do an updated version of your excellent fb mitt in extra glove slot 6)

I have reshaped the mitt by creating invisible space with an alpha, and I have put the mitt in it's own slot (6) so you will not have to worry about non-firstbasemen using the glove. There are some minor problems with mitt that have to do with making parts invisible - some may feel it looks way too small from certain angles, but overall i think having something closer to a real fb mitt in game is a lot better than having a fingered glove.

Also, the other gloves in the fglv.fsh represent imo the best of created gloves and include:

slot 0: bartw's brown/black Wilson

slot 1: bartw's tan Easton

slot 2: Marcus' black Rawlings

slot 3: Jitter's gray/black Wilson A3000

slot 4: bartw's black Mizuno

slot 5: Jitter's brown TPX (Yes, this slot can be used by ANY fielder, but remember that this is also the glove that will be used with the old time unis. If you want to have the original glove in this slot make sure you install the fglv.fsh included in the "B" folder.)

slot 6: firstbaseman's mitt

download here http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Down...details&id=3056

Hey raindelay, just downloaded the mod and the 1st baseman's glove looks pretty nice.

My only concern about loading your mod into my game is that I will have to go through and re-edit all my players in MVPedit to play with your new gloves, as your new .fsh file has them out of the default order they were in MVPedit. And also, alot of players on the Royals use a blue Nike glove, and there are no blue gloves in your .fsh file.

It would just be nice to have the light glove, regular glove, black glove, blue glove, etc etc. I don't really need three black gloves, as I'd much rather have the colored gloves.

Anyways, just thought I'd offer a helpful critique. Great job on the 1st baseman's glove!

Oh, that's cool! Will they be the real default gloves, or new gloves that match the default's color?

And I wanted to let you know that you've inspired me tonight. I spent a few hours crafting this little guy, and I think I'd love to do more. I read a few other threads on glove mods, and I agree -- we need alot more.

glove7yh.png

Oh, that's cool! Will they be the real default gloves, or new gloves that match the default's color?

And I wanted to let you know that you've inspired me tonight. I spent a few hours crafting this little guy, and I think I'd love to do more. I read a few other threads on glove mods, and I agree -- we need alot more.

glove7yh.png

WOW - beautiful glove!

Well I was thinking I would just use the original default images - maybe some combination of original and new. I was just going to ask you if I could use that amazing nike glove you made, but on second thought i think you should redo do all the other gloves and release it yourself as a full set! Man, yeah you really should do that - you have the talent and we really do need some new gloves in game.

Swinginsoriano : yeah i know that is a problem when a player switches between first and another position. Still, i think it is better to deal with that problem than always having to look at a firstbaseman's mitt that is not even close to looking real.

I have a question Raindelay7. When I install this glove pack, will players like for example Barry Bonds wear a different colored glove?

I believe Bonds uses glove slot 2 which is the default black glove slot, so he will use Marcus' black rawlings if you use this pack.

You can edit the fglv.fsh included in download as you wish: add over or switch gloves around by using eagraph or nfshtool . And then run glove.bat to install in game.

I just uploaded my glove pack. Big thanks to raindelay7 for the inspiration and all others who mod gloves.

They overwrite the default gloves in the same order, so there isn't any confusion with existing rosters.

I also included a few extras if you'd like to switch some gloves out of the .fsh file.

EDIT -- It's taking about 7,249 hours to upload, so I'll just do it sometime later. In the meantime, here's a screenshot that really doesn't do the mod justice, but it was the best I could do...

preview4on.th.jpg

i really don't know whats wrong i installed the files in the folder A and the gloves are very nice but i didnt see a 1st base mitt

sorry, fabio my readme was completely useless - i should have made it clear that you have to assign players to use the firstbaseman mitt by assigning them glove #6. You do this by opening attrib.dat (in the mvp/data/ database folder) and scrolling to the 37 position of player you want to use. Change the number AFTER the 37 to 6: so instead of reading something like "37 3" , change it to "37 6".

you can also change it by using MVPedit but you have to go to your MVPedit folder and add the line "6,firstbaseman" under the "Field Glove Color" in the config.text file. Then start MVPedit normally and assign firstbaseman mitt to player.

I just uploaded my glove pack. Big thanks to raindelay7 for the inspiration and all others who mod gloves.

They overwrite the default gloves in the same order, so there isn't any confusion with existing rosters.

I also included a few extras if you'd like to switch some gloves out of the .fsh file.

EDIT -- It's taking about 7,249 hours to upload, so I'll just do it sometime later. In the meantime, here's a screenshot that really doesn't do the mod justice, but it was the best I could do...

preview4on.th.jpg

u da man, spungo! truly awesome - can't wait to download these

Ok, so I decided to try and do a Rawlings firstbase glove in 2x hi-rez, and I came up with this --

rawfirstbaseglove8uw.png

But unfortunetly, in the game it looks like this --

hirezfirstbaseglove2hq.th.jpg

I know you said something about shaping the alpha for the firstbase glove, but I can't seem to find the alpha I'd need to mess with.

Can you help me with getting this glove to work in the game?

Ok, i think i understand what the problem is : the bit depth for the alpha has to be 8 and not 24. I use the GIMP (the photoshop clone) to change it by opening image and then clicking Image...Mode...Grayscale...and save.

If you are still having problems then i can just send the fglv.fsh to your email.

Also, you could play around with getting transparency in the basket - it is possible but it does not seem very precise. I suggest changing the basket to a solid pattern.

Ok, i think i understand what the problem is : the bit depth for the alpha has to be 8 and not 24. I use the GIMP (the photoshop clone) to change it by opening image and then clicking Image...Mode...Grayscale...and save.

If you are still having problems then i can just send the fglv.fsh to your email.

Also, you could play around with getting transparency in the basket - it is possible but it does not seem very precise. I suggest changing the basket to a solid pattern.

Think you could just e-mail me the .fsh? I'd trust you more with it than myself.

Thanks a TON for making this all possible raindelay7.

preview4on.th.jpg

These are great! Is this the download at the top of this thread, with the 'A' and 'B' folder download? Or is there another link that I'm not seeing, cause I want this real bad.

These are great! Is this the download at the top of this thread, with the 'A' and 'B' folder download? Or is there another link that I'm not seeing, cause I want this real bad.

Nope these are my gloves, available for download as 'theSpungo's Fielding Gloves.'

I should really try and stay outta raindelay7's thread, here...

Archived