Angel Stadium: The Night Version Begins

HaloFan

I've started work on the Night version of Angel Stadium. I've done some OEdit work, mostly the small stuff like moving the jumbotron to its proper position, and getting those logos off the field.

Last night, I started work on the textures, doing some new ads for the night version, and adding lighting effects to others. Some highlights:

The Home Depot ad has been replaced by an ad for AAA Auto Club.

On the left field scoreboard, both ads will be replaced. Kragen has been replaced by Del Taco, while Adelphia has been replaced with Toyota.

The AAA ad on the center field wall will be improved, as I found the actual font used for it.

Oh well, that's it for now...

It took me over two months to do the day version.

While the night version won't take me that long, I'm nowhere near releasing it. I'm not even at a point with it where I can take screenshots! lol

I'm guessing a month, maybe less, but it won't be out anytime soon.

OK, here's the first screenshot from the night version:

night1.jpg

The OEdit work isn't so difficult when you can just copy the numbers you need from a finished version, so big alterations the second time around aren't as tough.

As mentioned, there's the new AAA ad, which I'm really proud of. I had a picture of the ad, but it looked bad when I scanned it in, so I had to make it from scratch. Fortunately for me, I was able to find the exact same font that was used in the ad, so the whole thing is almost an exact replica of the original.

I changed the color of the LA Times ad a bit to try and show that it is supposed to be lit up. I do think it looks better than the day version of the ad, especially against the night sky.

Obviously I haven't moved the working scoreboard into place yet, so it sticks out like a sore thumb. It also looks like I need to make adjustments in OEdit to the boards, as the jumbotron isn't quite in place yet.

Anyway, that's about all I can show at the moment, as the rest of the park is a mess.

damnit i still dunno how you guys do these oedit mods, i tried it and got lost quickly lolx

Oh Come on, Oedit is a piece of cake (the piece left from your birthday 2 years ago) :banghead:

Honestly, Im still not sure how I ever figured Oedit out. I had not

worked with 3D much until that program.

Oh Come on, Oedit is a piece of cake (the piece left from your birthday 2 years ago) :banghead:

Honestly, Im still not sure how I ever figured Oedit out. I had not

worked with 3D much until that program.

rolie, you can figure it out. i did and i had never ever heard of a mod before this game came out. ok, maybe i had heard of one, but I didn't really have any understanding of what they were. if i can do it, you surely can. if you want, i will teach you what i know about oedit. just let me know. sorry about posting off-topic.

Halo, I think you have done a great job so far. keep up the good work.

rolie, you can figure it out. i did and i had never ever heard of a mod before this game came out. ok, maybe i had heard of one, but I didn't really have any understanding of what they were. if i can do it, you surely can. if you want, i will teach you what i know about oedit. just let me know. sorry about posting off-topic.

Halo, I think you have done a great job so far. keep up the good work.

thanx for the help, but i srtill think its beyond, me, i dont think i have the patience lolz, i tried prates tutorial, and got things to load in oedit, but when i loading textures i got lost, i couldnt find the right ones, anyopnes, i think ill still to uniz and faces lolz thanx anyways

Well, I've started to run into problems with the night version being different than the day version.

Disappearing textures is a slightly larger problem in the night version, although what I have done right now isn't too bad.

I am finding myself at a point where I have to look around for more verticies to use, as some of the extra ones I had in the day version aren't there in the night one.

I'm ahead of schedule, or at least of where I thought I would be at this point, but these issues will slow down my progress a bit...

July 5th update:

scorework.jpg

The working scoreboard has been moved to its proper place, and the font has been changed to what I used in the day version.

newwalls.jpg

And here's the first look at left field at night, with the new Del Taco ad. I'm not pleased with it, as the FRESH! part of the ad isn't even close to the real ad. The rest is pretty spot on, but that one part is ticking me off that I can't get it right.

On a more positive note, you can also see the improved Auto Club and Ameriquest ads. I wasn't happy with these in the day version, as I didn't quite have the right font for the Auto Club, and the Ameriquest ad was from a small image so it was hard to read. The Auto Club ad now features the proper font, and Ameriquest looks good, though I may do some more tweaking to it.

looks good HaloFan, keep up the progress and the hard work

Also, after u finish up the night, can we expect an updated day version? with the updated font for Auto Club, and other stuff?

thanks and is the night version still gonna be relased in a month? or fewer

HaloFan, the day version is stunning. I have a couple of quick questions.

1. I was curious about the grass texture you used in the day version. Was that the default grass or a special version? It just looks less sharp than everything else--the ads, etc. are razor-sharp. :)

2. is there any chance you'll be using one of the custom night skies for the night version? I was thinking of GoChiefs 'New Night Sky,' specifically. It looks pretty amazing.

I wish that some of the existing completed stadiums would get re-released using GoChief's skies. They make a huge difference. Those default skanky skies look very ugly compared to the beauty of the modded stadiums.

HaloFan, the day version is stunning. I have a couple of quick questions.

1. I was curious about the grass texture you used in the day version. Was that the default grass or a special version? It just looks less sharp than everything else--the ads, etc. are razor-sharp. :)

2. is there any chance you'll be using one of the custom night skies for the night version? I was thinking of GoChiefs 'New Night Sky,' specifically. It looks pretty amazing.

The grass used in the day version was my first crack at making grass. It's not that it isn't sharp, as much as it is the grass texture needs to be mowed ;)

I'm testing a new grass texture in the night version and I'm happier with the results.

As for the sky, I may take a crack at that, but I will not bve using someone else's texture. I'm sure that night texture looks good and all, but right now I'm trying to keep the mod made up with my own work.

Oh, and yes, an updated day version will be released to reflect some of the changes...

I haven't worked on this for nearly a week now.

I've lost a lot of interest in doing this mod after the rumors that the Angels are considering changing their name to the Los Angeles Angels. I feel like I'm losing my team, and it makes it very tough to find motivation to do my mod.

It's not too far away from being complete, but I've also run out of verticies, and for whatever reason, they put in some verticies in the night version that don't actually work. Makes it very frustrating.

It won't be out until after the homestand.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived