Dolphin Stadium 2006

hyman

I did that. I know it makes no sense, that is what is bothering me. I was using the default stadium that came with the MVP 2006 mod and it worked just fine. The problem began when I D/L Dolphins Stadium 2006.

I think I will open up the 2006 mod and put the stadium it had in there instead of the one from the CD disc.

Every other stadium works just fine, it's just this one.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

shmooz,

I don't usually compress with eazip. I pack the uncompressed cram32.fsh with BigGui and compress it in BigGui and then rebuild. I don't know if that would make a difference, but you could try it. I was guessing that stcs was the problem because it was the largest texture of the four and also was used in numerous parts throughout the stadium.

HBR_Rocket,

I can only reiterate what shmooz said. Make sure you are placing the low-res version or restoring the default stadium to the datastadium folder.

I have put them in the data/stadium folder, It overwrites the older ones in there.

I have taken the stadium files completly out and installed the ones from the 2006 Mod. Still it will not work.

I have opened up your Dolphin stadium .rar again and made sure I had deleted all that was in that file and I have, and it still crashes to desktop.

It's not a giant problem here, I play as the Braves, and now are into a series with the marlins in Fla, I can always use anotehr stadium to play these games, but I always use the latest updates you guys make for us. This is the very first one that has ever given me any problems. I think it may have something to do with a file that the install .bat did, and it is not showing up for me to see to delete.

No worries here, just wanted to use what looks to be a great life like stadium, I will get through this and find the problem somewhere down the line.

I have put them in the data/stadium folder, It overwrites the older ones in there.

I have taken the stadium files completly out and installed the ones from the 2006 Mod. Still it will not work.

I have opened up your Dolphin stadium .rar again and made sure I had deleted all that was in that file and I have, and it still crashes to desktop.

I think it may have something to do with a file that the install .bat did, and it is not showing up for me to see to delete.

What you're saying makes no sense. Why would you delete the contents of the .rar file? They have absolutely nothing to do with the game.

Also, you mention an install.bat file. What install.bat file is this? There are no install files for the stadium. You are supposed to extract the stadium files (propday.big & propnite.big) out of the .rar file & put it into your stadium folder. That's it.

HBR_Rocket,

Sorry you're having so many problems. Deleting the files inside the rar file won't have any effect. You mentioned an Install.bat file. My mod didn't include a file with that name. If you mean the LEDadd.bat, this file only modifies the propday.big and propnite.big files that you have already overwritten. Do you mean the Audio.bat file? That will modify your Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005dataaudiocdspch_pbpstdnmdat.big file. Check the folder to see if this file has been changed and if so, revert back to the original.

shmooz,

I don't usually compress with eazip. I pack the uncompressed cram32.fsh with BigGui and compress it in BigGui and then rebuild. I don't know if that would make a difference, but you could try it. I was guessing that stcs was the problem because it was the largest texture of the four and also was used in numerous parts throughout the stadium.

I guess I can try using biggui, it ought to be made to some use. I HATE biggui. It's written poorly & is garbage, but if it works for this, I will perhaps revise my standing regarding this garbage program. Anyway, I am off to test it.

Update... I can't believe it, but thank G-D... Hyman, your advice worked. I did the "stcs" adjustment & reinserted the cram32.fsh file with biggui & compressed & rebuilt the file & it worked. I really appreciate this Hyman. (& biggui has upped is status just a bit in my eyes)

I know I lose some resolution because of this, but it's still better than the low res stadium.

I guess I can try using biggui, it ought to be made to some use. I HATE biggui. It's written poorly & is garbage, but if it works for this, I will perhaps revise my standing regarding this garbage program. Anyway, I am off to test it.

No, we may disagree on literally everything else, but biggui freaking sucks. I only use it when gfxpak won't unpack a file correctly, and so as far as I'm concerned it has but one purpose.

SeanO ... well, make that 2 purposes now. I got the stadium to work. I still think the program is garbage, but at least it now has a legitimate purpose in my eyes.

Hyman... You may want to release this version instead of the low res you released. Since we now know that adjusting that thing alone makes the stadium work.

Great news shmooz.

I'm glad you were able to narrow the problem down to that one item. That is what I suspected. Thank you for your time and patience.

Take a look at the Benihana or El Dorado ads on the scoreboard in the original Hi-res version and your current version (if you can get the Hi-res version to work with 1x uniforms). You will certainly see some difference in resolution, but I don't think its a major difference.

Hyman... wait... I think I spoke too soon. It goes in to the game, but it crashes almost right away afterwards. Twice it froze as soon as the first ball was hit & the third time it crashed back to the desktop after the first batter made an out & I was throwing the ball around the infield.

The first two times I was using the night version & the 3rd time I used the day version plus I changed teams . In the first two games I was playing with Florida as the home team & Washington as the away team. That's when it froze. In the third game I was using the Royals as the home team & Oakland as the away team.

I suspect as you mentioned, it may be the higher resolution of cyberfaces that took more effect as the game was actually played. Though I am not positive about this, it sounds like a reasonable assumption.

Hence I am thinking further toning down of graphics may be required to actually play a full game in the stadiums.

So, I guess it's back to the drawing board. I need to experiment. But it will have to wait a bit, since I need to update some other things.

shmooz,

Try playing a full game with the "Low-res" version with the 4 textures reduced to 60h | 96 | DXT1 and see if there are any crashes. The 0330 and 0345 only show up in one part of the oedit and wc03 in only 2 parts and theoretically shouldn't be putting that much of a strain on the system, but I guess it does. Thanks again for all the time you're putting in to this.

OK, here is the deal now. I put the Pro Player stadium back into the game, the one from the 2006 mod I now can play in the stadium during my Braves season which is great, but if I try and play in the stadium choosing "play now" it will crash back to desktop.

I could care less if it crashes in "play now" I only use that section to check out the new stuff you guys put out for us.

Once you all figure out what is going wrong with Dolphins Stadium I will give it a try. Better yet, let's just wait until they move the team to Vegas or somewhere.

shmooz,

Try playing a full game with the "Low-res" version with the 4 textures reduced to 60h | 96 | DXT1 and see if there are any crashes. The 0330 and 0345 only show up in one part of the oedit and wc03 in only 2 parts and theoretically shouldn't be putting that much of a strain on the system, but I guess it does. Thanks again for all the time you're putting in to this.

Ok, G-D willing I will try that later & G-D willing post back results.

Update... I played with the low res & there was no crashes. However I also happened to be playing with the roster that had no added cyberfaces. (other than the default one's that come with the game) However I did play with 2x uniforms. I think I should still do some more testing with the high res version of the stadium & play with the default cyberfaces & see what happens.

OK, got a chance to test both the nite and day low res versions and both crashed about the 2nd inning, maybe 3rd on batted balls into the field shortly after batter contact.

I am using the latest Ultimate rosters, Big Shmooz models with Moser's uniforms. I have ALL the modded stadiums and dont have this problem with any other stadium.

Also, I was not using the LED or sound mod.

Good looking stadium though. I hope to be able to play a complete game there soon. Thanks again guys.

shmooz and sidewinder,

I don't know if this will make it better or worse, but I noticed that on last years version, the mipmaps on stcs were 4 and the type was 61h | 97 | DXT3 so you can try those changes. I'm interested to hear if it will crash with the additional cyberfaces.

There is one other idea, but it's really not a solution as much as a test. Extract the mstadium and removable ord and orl files. Rename mstadium to removable and vice-versa, then repack with BigGui, compress and rebuild. This might cause some items to disappear at certain angles, but I wonder if that will stop your crashes.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, got a chance to test both the nite and day low res versions and both crashed about the 2nd inning, maybe 3rd on batted balls into the field shortly after batter contact.

I am using the latest Ultimate rosters, Big Shmooz models with Moser's uniforms. I have ALL the modded stadiums and dont have this problem with any other stadium.

Also, I was not using the LED or sound mod.

Good looking stadium though. I hope to be able to play a complete game there soon. Thanks again guys.

If you use the latest Chase Field (Pirate's version) plus the high res unis, the game will also crash.

shmooz and sidewinder,

I don't know if this will make it better or worse, but I noticed that on last years version, the mipmaps on stcs were 4 and the type was 61h | 97 | DXT3 so you can try those changes. I'm interested to hear if it will crash with the additional cyberfaces.

There is one other idea, but it's really not a solution as much as a test. Extract the mstadium and removable ord and orl files. Rename mstadium to removable and vice-versa, then repack with BigGui, compress and rebuild. This might cause some items to disappear at certain angles, but I wonder if that will stop your crashes.

I just noticed this post. I guess I will have to test it.

I installed this stadium and it crashes every time I play there. Since I use the Braves, I have to play there often. However, Like and idiot, I did not backup my files. If someone could e-mail both the propday.big and propnite.big files I would really appreciate it. My e-mail address is alcoholicstepfather@hotmail.com

Archived