Dolphin Stadium 2006

hyman

I have just uploaded my Dolphin Stadium mod-opening homestand edition for 2006.

Completely updated stadium as close to real life as possible as of the opening homestand of 2006 including real ads, new HD scoreboards, working inning by inning scoreboard, picnic area and fixed the clarity of the Dolphins Ring of Honor and too many other things to mention.

Dolphin Stadium is undergoing some remodeling throughout the 2006 season. In fact, there were several changes made already between the first and second homestand of the season and more changes are underway. An LED ring is being added around the mezzanine facia and all the ads on the facia are being removed. This mod is a representation of the stadium as it looked for the opening homestand of the 2006 season. I have included an optional addon of my representation of a simulated partial LED scrolling ring. The screenshot attached shows the LED ring.

I have included an optional audio addon to have Duane Kuiper say Dolphin Stadium instead of Pro Player Stadium at the beginning of the game.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hyman,

Whenever the download is submitted that I've seen, it's missing required information that we need to approve the download, such as screenshots or version numbers. If you upload it with this info, it will be approved with no problem.

Thanks. :)

The first time I forgot the version number, but after that, it would not allow me to add a screenshot because it said it already existed. I changed the name of the screenshot file and uploaded again, so hopefully it will be ok this time.

Great work.

Is there a way to add people to the upper deck and the blue sections beyond the outfield?

Those "people" were there in the default version and my version last year, but the Marlins do not sell those seats anymore, so I removed them. The way the Marlins are drawing this year, I could have removed 90% of the rest of the crowd.

Hyman, I would love to play in your stadium, but i can't even load it. My game crashes back to desktop during the loading screen :cry:

I've never had any problems with modded parks except Ebbets Field so i don't know what could cause the crash. I've checked the cram32.fsh to see if thats the problem but it's already compressed.

Do you have any suggestions?

Ghostdog and other that are crashing,

PM with your email address and I'll send you a file that will hopefully solve your crashing. You wont have a working inning by inning scoreboard or the LED ring, but at least, you'll be able to play.

I didn't upload the fix for a few reasons. First, I had to determine if it would work. Since it doesn't crash on my computer, I needed someone who was having the problem to test it. In fact, the first test didn't work, but the second one seems successful. Additionally, there were only a handful of people having a problem. So far, only six people out of over 400 downloads are crashing. Even if there are a few more having the problem that haven't PMed me, it still wouldn't need a second upload. Out of the five people that I sent the new fix to, 2 of them have responded to me so far and told me that it works, so I have put it on my own webspace.

Download the Low Res Day version Here

Download the Low Res Night version Here

They do not have the working scoreboard or LED, but they will work with this version, so run the LED batch file from the original release.

I havent had time to try out the fix yet. Probably tonight. I didnt have any issues with last years Dolphin Mod. It feels like it is an issue with the LED to me. I will let you know as soon as I get a chance to test it, but going low-res doesnt seem like a true fix to me, when I dont have any issues with all the other stadium mods. Thanks for all your efforts though. It is always much appreciated.

Sidewinder ... based on your post, it seems you didn't read my findings. I know why it crashes & I know a solution for the crash. I just wish Hyman would redo the stadium to get the scoreboard working even with high resolution uniforms.

Maybe he will do this for us high tech junkies LOL

Hyman... please help us be able to play in the high res version & still be able to use high resolution uniforms at the same time. Thanks. & btw... know that this request is because we appreciate your work & want to enjoy it fully.

shmooz and sidewinder,

The scoreboard and LED will work with the Low-Res version. Just run the LED batch file from the original download. Shmooz is correct about the cause of the crash. It is an interaction of the mod with other Hi-Res mods like uniforms and possibly cyberfaces and portraits straining the limits of your system. I wanted to improve on last years mod, so I increased the resolution on several of the textures. I should not have named the fix a "Low-Res" mod. Its really an "Original Res" version. It just reverts the resolution back to the way it was in last year's release. If you were happy with last years release, you will be happy with the "Low-Res" version. There is not a HUGE difference between the Low-Res and Hi-Res version. For the record, I reduced the image type of four textures in FSHed from 7Dh | 125 | A8R8G8B8 to 60h | 96 | DXT1 to get back from the High Res to Low-Res version. The textures are named 0330, 0345, wc03 and stcs. My guess is that changing stcs would have sufficed, but I did the others to be sure. If you would like to experiment, you could try changing each of the four textures, one at a time, to see which one(s) is the culprit.

The textures are named 0330, 0345, wc03 and stcs. My guess is that changing stcs would have sufficed, but I did the others to be sure. If you would like to experiment, you could try changing each of the four textures, one at a time, to see which one(s) is the culprit.

For those who want to do this editing, the file you would need to extract from the stadium file is the "cram32.fsh". Then it can be edited in fshed.

Hyman... I did what you said, only changing the "stsc" & the game still crashed. I also compressed the cram32.fsh file with eazip before reinserting it back into the stadium file. I am assuming this is not an issue, but if I am wrong, please correct me on this.

I D/L the two lo-res stadiums didn't work for me. I'm sure it's not pushing my CPU/3d card. I'm running a 3.5 ghz 1024 ram, with a ATI Pro700 512 mb card, I've got the juice, I'm guessing it's something else.

The MAIN problem I'm having now is I can't even delete this stadium and load up the default one without it crashing it back to desktop. I've deleted everything that came with your download, even the LED downloader.

I guess I could play my Marlin games in another stadium until there is a fix.

HBR_Rocket... What you're saying makes no sense. If you put in the default stadium & you still crash, this means it's not the stadium that is causing your crash in the first place.

I know this may not make sense & it may not even help, but if your game was alright when playing in Dolphin stadium before you put in the stadium & you know this for sure, then put in the default stadium & try rebooting your machine & then try to play there & see if this helps.

Archived