2nd Install of the game

Molitor

I assume in order for me to keep my current rosters/stadiums/models.big etc...and to also use the 1961* mode I must install the game a 2nd time to another directory other then the default.

When I put my cd-rom1 in the disk tray there is no option to install the game. I tried to rename the current game to mvp2006, change the corresponding shortcut, my documents etc...

W*hat needs to be done to have a 2nd install of game on same machine in which I can then install this interesting mod?

Thanks!

Delete the following key from the registry. (wouldn't hurt to export a backup copy of it first)

You could just rename it too, same result in the end.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005

There's a simpler way to have multiple installations without having to play around with the registry or install from the disks. Here are the steps:

1. Make a copy of your entire MVP Baseball 2005 folder (and all subdirectories).

2. Rename the copied MVP Baseball 2005 folder to something else (for example "MVP 1961"). You now have two separate copies of MVP Baseball installed.

3. When you install the *61 mod and are asked where to install the files, select your "MVP 1961" folder. Make sure that when you select the folder that you double click on it so that the subfolder icons appear (i.e. you actually open up the MVP 1961 folder). If you don't do this, the install will fail (trust me, this happened to me).

4. Create a new desktop icon by copying the original MVP Baseball 2005 desktop icon. Rename the new icon to MVP 1961 and edit the shortcut to point to MVP 1961 folder.

That's all there is to it!

Both versions of MVP ("Regular" and MVP 1961) have to share the profiles, .SAV rosters and dynasty files contained with the MVP Baseball 2005 directory within My Documents but that isn't a big deal. Everything else is separate like stadiums, uniforms, teams etc etc .....

Also, remember that if you want to install new stadiums, new uniforms, etc. and you want to install it in both versions of MVP that you need to run the installation twice, once for Regular MVP and once for MVP 1961.

Can anyone tell me if it possible to do this with several versions of TC ?

i.e could i have my current version, TC5, 61 and 94 games all installed on the one machine ? That would be awesome.

You can do this as many times as you want. You just need to create a new subfolder under the EA Sports folder for each installation. You will also need a separate desktop icon for each installation.

As I said in my earlier post, all versions of MVP ("Regular", Total Classics, MVP 1961, etc. ) have to share the profiles, .SAV rosters and dynasty files contained with the MVP Baseball 2005 directory within My Documents.

Also, each install will take over 1 Gb of disk space, so that is something to consider.

Ok,

I followed Jim's suggestion and it worked great for installing '61 over the classics but then I decided to push the envelope and install the 2k6 rosters,uniforms,portraits, etc. to another folder.

I got the rosters, uniforms, and portraits but I still have the classics start-up screen and league structure (franchise mlb/minor, logos,etc.).

This makes it very hard to use this install to start a 2k6 dynasty as I have know (noooo) idea which team is which!! :oops:

Can anyone tell me which files I need to overwrite in order to at least get back to the standard 2k5 league structure and logos?

Thanks.

danc, here's my suggestion as to what you should do (take with a grain of salt).

Assuming you have ample HD space, install a clean copy of MVP, as per the instructions given in my first post. Do not apply any mods to this install, ever. Use it only for making additional copies of the install.

2. Rename the copied MVP Baseball 2005 folder to something else (for example "MVP 1961"). You now have two separate copies of MVP Baseball installed.

Does that eat up a crapload of space?

• 1 month later...

There's a simpler way to have multiple installations without having to play around with the registry or install from the disks. Here are the steps:

4. Create a new desktop icon by copying the original MVP Baseball 2005 desktop icon. Rename the new icon to MVP 1961 and edit the shortcut to point to MVP 1961 folder.

I've copied the icon, but how do I get it to point to my other install?

:? The previous suggestions didn't say anything about the multi-loader.

I know. I guess I should have worded it differently. What do I need to change to get the new icon to point to a different file?

I know. I guess I should have worded it differently. What do I need to change to get the new icon to point to a different file?

The target. Right click the Shortcut, choose Properties>Shortcut>Find Target

Archived