Windows Media Player 11 beta Release

Shiggins

wmp 11 is pretty okay, i downloaded it on the laptop, but the vizualztions are so slow though. it runs dvd's well, but i have yet to give it the test workout. i'll probaly tell you about it in the next couple of weeks.

i'll problay wait a while to put it on my main computer here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

MANY FIXES in BETA 2 use same link as above.

The following list highlights some of the major changes since the first beta release of Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP.

-Fixing issues. Fixes have been made for issues that occurred in the first beta release of Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP.

-Additional online stores are now available. More online stores are available in this beta release of Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP.

-Changes to sharing digital media content. The functionality of Windows Media Connect is now integrated into Windows Media Player 11 Beta 2 for Windows XP as the new Media Sharing feature, which lets you enjoy the contents of your Windows Media Player library from anywhere in your home. If you have a home network (wired or wireless), you can use Windows Media Player 11 to stream the contents of your library to networked devices such as Xbox 360 or other digital media receivers. For more information, go to Digital Media at Home.

Note that digital media sharing is targeted for home users; therefore, computers that are joined to a domain might experience issues when trying to share digital media.

Archived