Two questions

NYM

I was at the Mets game yesterday, and I saw almost every player uses pine tar. I don't get what it does. They put it midway up there bat. Is it to prevent it from breaking or what? Also, does it make the ball go father?

Thanks.

I was at the Mets game yesterday, and I saw almost every player uses pine tar. I don't get what it does. They put it midway up there bat. Is it to prevent it from breaking or what? Also, does it make the ball go father?

Thanks.

a....it gives you a better grip on the bat.

b....players put a bunch of it mid way up on the bat so during an at-bat if they want to put a little more on their hands/batting gloves they have some right there (it's like how the pitcher has the resin bag on the mound and goes to pick it up every now and again to keep their hands dry....obviously though you cannot bring a tibe of pine tar with you to the batters box and leave it on the ground during an at-bat)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I remember watching something about this guy on the Royals (Brett was his name?) who hit a HR against the Skanks and it was overuled because of too much pintar.

One of the most famous moments in baseball. His name was George Brett the best Royal who ever lived, he was so pissed.

Archived