Time to keep an eye on Pujols

Astroholic

How many Home Runs will Pujols hit?  

21 members have voted

1. 1.

• 73 or less
    • 74 or more

I think it's hilarious that only now is it "Time to Keep an Eye on Pujols." He's been a superstar since the first season he played.

The mans been a monster since day one. I'm a stros fan but I hope he hits 80. Wish the best for him.

Eventually teams will just treat him like Bonds in his 73 year: walk or intentional walk. His pace will slow down once that happens.

Nah, I doubt it, especially when you've got Edmonds and Rolen behind him, who you know are going to warm up eventually.

Ive seen pujols since he frist started and he has been like this forever its just sad that he dosent get some of the credit he should be getting im going to say this right now that he will be the best hitter to ever live.

Ive seen pujols since he frist started and he has been like this forever its just sad that he dosent get some of the credit he should be getting im going to say this right now that he will be the best hitter to ever live.

Thats a bold statement there. No doubt Pujols is a great player and I dont know why people keep saying he dont get his just due cause I think he does. You watch baseball tonight and them guys are alway riding on Pujols's jock.

Here's the reason he will do it this year and in the future as well.

If Eckstein and the Cards #2 hitter get on base. They have to pitch to Pujols. They CAN'T walk him. Eckstein is not a base stealer so if he reaches first, he will be there for Pujols. If they do walk Pujols and Rolen and Edmonds get the extra base hit, then the Cards are quickly up 3-0. And with good starting pitching the game could be over right there.

The reason Eckstein and the #2 hitter will have high on base percentage is that they will get good pitches to hit since they don't want anyone on base for Pujols.

Pujols is a player that instantly make the top of the lineup better and the guys behind him as well. For those who don't believe it. You have to and I hate to say that being a Cubs fan. But I like Albert and hope he does it. He seems like a good role model. And baseball really needs that right now.

Here's the reason he will do it this year and in the future as well.

If Eckstein and the Cards #2 hitter get on base. They have to pitch to Pujols. They CAN'T walk him. Eckstein is not a base stealer so if he reaches first, he will be there for Pujols. If they do walk Pujols and Rolen and Edmonds get the extra base hit, then the Cards are quickly up 3-0. And with good starting pitching the game could be over right there.

The reason Eckstein and the #2 hitter will have high on base percentage is that they will get good pitches to hit since they don't want anyone on base for Pujols.

Pujols is a player that instantly make the top of the lineup better and the guys behind him as well. For those who don't believe it. You have to and I hate to say that being a Cubs fan. But I like Albert and hope he does it. He seems like a good role model. And baseball really needs that right now.

What was the Giants primary lineup when Bonds hit 73? You can make some of the same comparisons between players.

What was the Giants primary lineup when Bonds hit 73? You can make some of the same comparisons between players.

Here's their lineup:

1. Marvin Bernard

2. Rich Aurilia

3. Barry Bonds

4. Jeff Kent

5. J.T. Snow

6. Armando Rios

7. Benito Santiago

8. Ramon Hernandez

9. Pitcher

I think the lineups are somewhat comparable, but I don't think that Kent and Snow were quite as good as Edmonds and Rolen are right now. And I think that the cardinals have a better lineup.

Exactly........... you can't hate him, because everything he does he does the right way. I was watching a cardinals game the other day, and daryle kyle's kid was on the cardinals bench in the dugout, he had been sick and in the hospital for a couple of days, so instead of picking a seat down next to his teammates, he sits next to daryle kyle's son and chats with him after he hits his 25th homerun. The guy is just an amazing baseball player and he always does the right thing.

Here's their lineup:

1. Marvin Bernard

2. Rich Aurilia

3. Barry Bonds

4. Jeff Kent

5. J.T. Snow

6. Armando Rios

7. Benito Santiago

8. Ramon Hernandez

9. Pitcher

I think the lineups are somewhat comparable, but I don't think that Kent and Snow were quite as good as Edmonds and Rolen are right now. And I think that the cardinals have a better lineup.

Fair points Klesko. On the contrary, Aurilia and Kent were really good a few years ago. They still are solid players. All in all, teams are going to try everything in their power not to let a guy who has Triple Crown stats beat them.

Archived