controller.cfg for the ORIGINAL Xbox Controller

pip07

First, make sure you have downloaded the latest drivers for the Xbox controller

Version 1.07 Drivers

Then download the zip at the bottom of this post.

While the Xbox controller is plugged in and recognized by XBCD setup, open the mvpfix.xgi file and click the "apply" button. Put the controller.cfg into your My Documents>MVP Baseball 2005 folder. The controller.cfg file is set to read-only so your game will not overwrite any binds. If you want to allow the game to overwrite the binds (necessary if you want to make config changes in-game) uncheck "read-only" in the file properties.

This is the current set-up that I use and everything works in the game for me. If you have an Xbox controller and want an easy set-up, I suggest using these files.

• 3 months later...

It won't let me open the mvpfix.xgi file. The computer says that "the file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel." I take that I need a program that I don't have to open that program from that. Which program could this possibly be? Or is it something else that I am doing wrong? I already did the second step with the controller.cfg file, by the way.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

is there a config that mimics exactly the original XB controls?

ie hold RB and use LS to move batter in box.

Or using the Back button to view Swing Analysis?

I have a copy of mvp 05 coming :) and will be using an original xbox controller but i can't see any controller config layout in this thread, could someone post one that works. THanks.

Archived