south florida residents

i've been thinking this past weekend the real reason why i think i hated south florida. 'm starting to think the reason why i hate florida is where i am. for those who don't know (everyone), i live in loxahatchee (not on many maps), that's about 20 miles from downtown west palm beach, which isn't flattering for any kind of fun or life, its boring. and that is about 45 minutes away from me. every other town within a half hour's drive are all bedroom communites. it's just so depressing nothing is around and i feel so isolated, and so that means walking twoards fun and stuff is out. i'm kinda used to that small village like town like pacific beach in san diego and i loved it. i'm starting to think the true reason why i hate it was becuase i live in hick town, where my parents love to settle down. i pacturally don't. i have to be near a big city (like within a half hour), and miami is considred a road trip for us, since it's about two hours away. ugh.

i'm thinking about moving out of south florida completly next summer, but i really think i need to move to another part of south florida for a year or so before thinking about leaving the region. i would like to hear from people who live in the rest of the region if south florida is better than what i think or is it really that bad.

again, i would love to live in a part of the region that has a bit of small town main street usa feel, but still is fun and close (like 10-15 miles) to miami or somewhere fun. any suggestions?

hmmm...

been living in south florida for 5 years now.

traffic is terrible. drivers are rude.

too much crime

people are grossly unfriendly and selfish. never seen anything like it. money, money, money. greedy.

people are mostly uneducated

plenty of cultures but no real culture

mostly nice weather and blue water beaches

i'd give it a 4 - 5 for good living

try melbourne, orlando, or jacksonville

richard

from ft lauderdale

hmmm...

been living in south florida for 5 years now.

traffic is terrible. drivers are rude.

too much crime

people are grossly unfriendly and selfish. never seen anything like it. money, money, money. greedy.

people are mostly uneducated

plenty of cultures but no real culture

mostly nice weather and blue water beaches

i'd give it a 4 - 5 for good living

try melbourne, orlando, or jacksonville

richard

from ft lauderdale

You have one of the hardest styles of typing to read, EVER

Where I live, most of the People are annoying, and never try to do anything they don't know how to do. Most people like to sit out and take a break after they have done nothing. Too many procrastinators. But some people are very freindly, and know what they are talking about, and actually try in life. Most people are penny pinchers. We have great sports though, East Boynton LLWS, and all that. East Boynton State Champions in the next age below. At my age West Boynton is better than East Boynton. Imagine a pure Boynton team........wow. There is alot of hope where I live. I live about 20 mins away from the beach, and Miami is an hour away. I can't imagine life anywhere else. I love it down here, but about 25% of the people are annoying snobs, and penny pinchers. Its all so tense sometimes. But I am happy where I am.

Palm Beach County

Archived