1998 Yankees Team Package Uploaded

Jim825

I just found out that the ID's used in this package (9000-9024) are also used by the 1990 Cincinnati Reds team package. That means that for the time being, you shouldn't install both of these packages, because the last one installed will overwrite the photos installed by the previous package.

ok, he means the player ids. not the portrait ids. The player ids will overwrite the cincy 90 reds. This should be fixed in the met file and i will also fix this in the studio so that when you install a package with similar player ids, you dont get default player for one of the two teams.

Based upon the picture that you have with this file, how is a team that won the most games in American league history (since broken by the mariners) rank 14th (I know they were not chock full of superstars but is there a way to acount for how good they were)...just wondering...no need for a long debate

My guess is that it's because when I installed the package, I overwrote the AAA Charlotte Knights in my rosters (I wanted to keep the 2004 MLB Yankees intact). I don't believe that the rankings are calculated "on the fly" when the selection screen is displayed (i.e. they are hard coded into the game). If I had installed the package on top of the #1 ranked AAA team, then the '98 Yankees would be shown with a #1 ranking.

Archived