The Song Tessie...

Z-Man

It probably was earlier-I once heard 1903 (the year the won the first world series ever) but i'm not sure of that. Fenway opened in like 1912? So if it were done in the 20's>, it'd probably be Fenway and not the Huntington Grounds.

It probably was earlier-I once heard 1903 (the year the won the first world series ever) but i'm not sure of that. Fenway opened in like 1912? So if it were done in the 20's>, it'd probably be Fenway and not the Huntington Grounds.

That's true. Boston used to have a group of fans called the "Royal Rooters" and they sang this Tessie song during the early years of the 20th century.

I saw them perform live at Fenway before the July 24, 2004 game. They were really good. There a real hit in Boston. They also have songs for other teams too. I know they have one for the Celtics and Bruins.

Check this link out right here for more information about Tessie and the Royal Rooters.

I understand now. I'm going to Boston for the Mets, Sox series on wednesday-PEDRO RETURNS!!!!! After that i'm gonna try to go see a Pawtuckett game, and then I'm going to my condo upstate for July 4th and probably catch a Binghampton Mets game while i'm there. Binhampton is like 1/12 to 2 hours north of my condo.

Archived