What program can I use to edit the All-Star Rosters?

Guest Deznuts

Guest Deznuts

I want to edit the All-Star rosters in the game so that they are accurate for this season's All-Star Game. But I don't see any regular way of changing out players. Is there some sort of program I can use to edit the All-Star rosters for the game?

Starting Lineups:

A.L.

Ichiro Suzuki CF

Ivan Rodriguez C

Vladimir Guerrero RF

Manny Ramirez LF

Alex Rodriguez 3B

Jason Giambi 1B

Derek Jeter SS

Alfonso Soriano 2B

Mark Mulder P

N.L.

Edgar Renteria SS

Albert Pujols 1B

Barry Bonds LF

Scott Rolen 3B

Sammy Sosa RF

Mike Piazza C

Lance Berkman CF

Jeff Kent 2B

Roger Clemens P

I want to edit the All-Star rosters in the game so that they are accurate for this season's All-Star Game. But I don't see any regular way of changing out players. Is there some sort of program I can use to edit the All-Star rosters for the game?

Starting Lineups:

A.L.

Ichiro Suzuki CF

Ivan Rodriguez C

Vladimir Guerrero RF

Manny Ramirez LF

Alex Rodriguez 3B

Jason Giambi 1B

Derek Jeter SS

Alfonso Soriano 2B

Mark Mulder P

N.L.

Edgar Renteria SS

Albert Pujols 1B

Barry Bonds LF

Scott Rolen 3B

Sammy Sosa RF

Mike Piazza C

Lance Berkman CF

Jeff Kent 2B

Roger Clemens P

you will have a hard time figuring out who to leave off. i think there are 32 players selected for each allstar team. you are only allowed 25 players to a team for the game. probably your best bet would be to go by statistics for guys on the bench. still its a pain. i tried a week ago and gave up. too hard a choice. but good luck to ya! :D

Guest Deznuts

you will have a hard time figuring out who to leave off. i think there are 32 players selected for each allstar team. you are only allowed 25 players to a team for the game. probably your best bet would be to go by statistics for guys on the bench. still its a pain. i tried a week ago and gave up. too hard a choice. but good luck to ya! :D

Well, the game has 17 position players and 8 pitchers on both the A.L and N.L. All-Star rosters but you're right, it would be hard to choose which 25 make the rosters.

How about trying replacing a team like the Astros with the NL All-Stars and Rangers with the AL All-Stars then 7 guys would have to be in Triple-A

Don't forget to update the teams unis so it has the All-Star uniforms not the team uniforms and also teams logo and portraits for the teams?

Guest Deznuts

I tried to edit the rosters but it couldn't work, certain players on certain teams went missing.

It's because you can't just move over players from regular teams to the All-Star teams. This is like trading a player from one team to the All-Star team. You would have to edit each player on the All-Star team to get the correct roster. That would be alot of work since you would have to edit all their stats so they were identical. It is possible with MVPedit though.

It's because you can't just move over players from regular teams to the All-Star teams. This is like trading a player from one team to the All-Star team. You would have to edit each player on the All-Star team to get the correct roster. That would be alot of work since you would have to edit all their stats so they were identical. It is possible with MVPedit though.

I'm pretty sure that there is an option where you can just "copy and paste" rosters from their original teams to the All-star teams.

Guest Deznuts

I'm pretty sure that there is an option where you can just "copy and paste" rosters from their original teams to the All-star teams.

I tried to copy and paste an individual player from a MLB team to an All-Star team but I couldn't find a way to do it in MVPedit. I assume it must be possible but I am a novice to MVPedit.

MVPEdit allows you via the Roster option to use the Transfer tab and select the All Star Team as the team you are transfering a player to. Just select the All Star team you want and then drag and drop that player on to it's roster while in the Transfer section.

You could also use the Export / Player function then the Import / Player function to get them on a particular All Star Team.

At least these seem to work on my MVPEdit program.

Hope you are successful.

Guest Deznuts

MVPEdit allows you via the Roster option to use the Transfer tab and select the All Star Team as the team you are transfering a player to. Just select the All Star team you want and then drag and drop that player on to it's roster while in the Transfer section.

You could also use the Export / Player function then the Import / Player function to get them on a particular All Star Team.

At least these seem to work on my MVPEdit program.

Hope you are successful.

If I transferred a player from a MLB team to an All-Star team, wouldn't that completely remove the player from the MLB team? I want to copy a player from MLB team to All-Star team, not transfer him.

OK, Don was exactly right. I used the Export/Import functions and got my All-Star team edited. Played a game and kicked the AL's tail with the NL 8)

If anybody wants, I can send/upload the .mep files with instructions on how to use them through MVPEdit. You'll have to adjust the rotations/lineup though. I'll include how I set it up in the readme...if anybody's interested.

I'll also post a message in GeForce's thread as well, see if he wants to include it in his upcoming Total Minors update.

Guest Deznuts

OK, Don was exactly right. I used the Export/Import functions and got my All-Star team edited. Played a game and kicked the AL's tail with the NL 8)

If anybody wants, I can send/upload the .mep files with instructions on how to use them through MVPEdit. You'll have to adjust the rotations/lineup though. I'll include how I set it up in the readme...if anybody's interested.

I'll also post a message in GeForce's thread as well, see if he wants to include it in his upcoming Total Minors update.

I'm definately interested! ;)

Archived