Polo Grounds Classic - 1951

paulw

Although I'm trying to get away from modding, I've been going through a few of my *favorite* old ball parks and updating them a bit with some of the new stuff I've learned. I just finished an update on the Polo Grounds. I really like this one now. No more Knickerbocker dude in center :D I think he was my most tacky addition to a stadium I ever had. I did a lot of work on the scoreboard and clubhouse in center and had some fun with the auxilliary scoreboards and signs down the two foul lines. This is as close to '51 Polo as I can get.

polo2.jpg

polo1.jpg

It would be fairly easy-change a few signs-put the slope in the outfield if possible and the most glaring problem-a 9' chain-link fence that ran from the wall in center to the right foul pole instead of the railing that is there now. I hope you decide to do it you are the best for sure.

The slope would actually be a giant pain in the ***, so that won't happen, imho. It can be done, but it sure would not be any fun.

wall.dat, which we use most often, can't really be used for this situation. You'd have to use coll.dat, but that file is comparatively difficult to figure out, even by wall.dat standards. Plus, most importantly, motivation is the key. It's taken me a full day to something I'm not motivated about, that I could've breezed through in about an hour otherwise.

Also, paul, you can't malign the Knickerbocker guy, he was entertaining. But, still glad to have the ABC back. Thanks again for your work.

The slope would actually be a giant pain in the ***, so that won't happen, imho. It can be done, but it sure would not be any fun.

wall.dat, which we use most often, can't really be used for this situation. You'd have to use coll.dat, but that file is comparatively difficult to figure out, even by wall.dat standards. Plus, most importantly, motivation is the key. It's taken me a full day to something I'm not motivated about, that I could've breezed through in about an hour otherwise.

Also, paul, you can't malign the Knickerbocker guy, he was entertaining. But, still glad to have the ABC back. Thanks again for your work.

Here's what I learned about coll.dat from Griffith Stadium - wall.dat over-rides coll.dat. If coll.dat is placed inside of wall.dat it doesn't function. When I did Griffith, I didn't touch collision.dat but balls that roll out past where coll.dat was to the new wall locations in center are uneffected.

The new version of the Polo Grounds will initially be available only in TC6. I want to do anything I can to help promote the awesome job the TC6 folks have done. I'll make it available as a regular download a couple of weeks after TC6 is out.

paul, in the outfield, both left and right, underneath the upper deck, I believe there should be some angled supports as seen at this link. It's not big deal, in fact it may be in your version and I just can't see it.

Just, it seems like the sort of thing 3 months from now you will come back to and say "Hmm...I'd like to tweak that".

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/50671025.j...91E7EC1A351FC8B

Archived