3d/Crowd Problem

Phear

Hi All...just installed the game and have seen my first issue.

It appears as though the crowd becomes distorted in certain views in my game. The reverse batting view is one, as other "cut scene" type views.

It's hard to describe what it does, but basically it creates a large triangle out of the crowd and pulls the 3rd point of the triangle towards the center of my screen. This distorted image covers up whatever it goes across making it nearly impossible to see the batter or the pitch, or whatever else there might be there.

I have tried turning 3d crowd to high, medium or low, but this does not solve the problem. Turning the crowd completely off fixes it though, however I am wondering if you have any ideas that would allow me to play with the crowd on....it's just not the same without the "fans" there :wink: .

My video card is an ATI Radeon All in Wonder 9600xt 128mb. It has the latest drivers. I also tried installing patch #4 for the game.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Does anybody know if there is a way to turn off the 3d crowd and make it completely 2d? I think that will solve my problem (which I'm assuming is related to my graphics card compatibility).

Thanks.

-Josh

Uhh... I have the same video card and it runs fine.

Okay so then it must be something else. Though I know there are a bunch of different types of 9600xt cards.

Either way, I guess unless it's something software related, I dont' really have any choice at this point. If there was a way of making the whole crowd 2d, I think it would solve the problem.

I did attempt a search in it....but found nothing so far.

Thanks.

Hi All...just installed the game and have seen my first issue.

It appears as though the crowd becomes distorted in certain views in my game. The reverse batting view is one, as other "cut scene" type views.

It's hard to describe what it does, but basically it creates a large triangle out of the crowd and pulls the 3rd point of the triangle towards the center of my screen. This distorted image covers up whatever it goes across making it nearly impossible to see the batter or the pitch, or whatever else there might be there.

I have tried turning 3d crowd to high, medium or low, but this does not solve the problem. Turning the crowd completely off fixes it though, however I am wondering if you have any ideas that would allow me to play with the crowd on....it's just not the same without the "fans" there :wink: .

My video card is an ATI Radeon All in Wonder 9600xt 128mb. It has the latest drivers. I also tried installing patch #4 for the game.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Overclocking your video card causes artifacts to show on the screen

Have you tried figiting with the "3d crowd intensity?" Or have you already done that?

Yup good call....I actually did try that on low and medium, but it didn't seem to help. Sorry, I meant to mention that in my first post. Only way I could get it to not distort my screen was to turn the crowd completely off.

Kccitystar, my VGA card is basically at factory settings with the latest patch installed. Thanks for the idea though.

Archived