Something's happening in Cincy!

paulw

I've just started doing some work at Crosley and got over the BIG hump - it had the ugliest most messed up background I've ever seen. What a mess. I didn't know if I could fix it but finally found what was really the offending piece.

There's a ton of stuff I'm going to do now include re-doing all the signs, adding the screen on top of the right field "wall", etc.. I can't help myself - this modding is addicting for me - it's a sickness! :yernuts: It's also a lot of fun :wink:

Here's a pic - I think Crosley definetly has potential to be a real looker. Just needs a lot of work.

crosley1.jpg

I'm making some more changes but haven't had a lot of time. Tomorrow I should have an hour or two. If I can't get this done before TC6 is released, I'll be releasing on the website after TC6. I should be pretty close tomorrow. I've finally got the right field screen the correct height and looking decent. Fuzz, what I sent you is somewhat crappy but better than nothing.

69Yanks - Is there a building in '61 in right center with the sign Paper Boxes on it? I want to add this building.

The problem with the buildings at Crosley were that Interstate 75 was built directly behind the center field wall sometime in the 60's so it changed quite a bit. I see the TV tower in your second image - thanks, that reminded me of something else I want to add. Here's a pic with the building I was talking about - it's on the far right side:

crosle13.jpg

Can you see what - if any - signs are on the left field wall in the '61 series? I don't particularly like my pepsi sign I have there now.

Nothing is on the walls in left or right field during this filming. Did not see sign on the bldg but the best filming of it was from a distance.

The second photo is labeled incorrectly, the seats are in right field not along the line.

Final Crosley field:

Here's the last version of Crosley I sent to Fuzz on Thursday night. I think it turned out o.k.. The fence in right now has the 9 ft. screen on it and the centerfield wall is about 24 ft. high while left field is about 18. All the collision data checks out o.k. for me. The graphics are somewhat a mix of different eras from the late 50's to mid 60's. Sometime in the early 60's Interstate 75 was built which ran right behind the center field wall. A lot of buildings were torn down because of this. I put a couple of these back in.

crosley_final.jpg

There's other details I'd like to add but that will come in a release on mods AFTER TC6 has been out for awhile. I want the first release to be exclusive to Total Classics.

Thanks, Astro :) I'm in the fun part now of the project - finding extra parts and adding all kinds of little details. If you look at the picture above you'll see some new stuff like smokestacks, details added to signs, etc.. I don't know why I waited this long on Crosley. There's a lot of creative things that can be done with this park. I think it's because homeruns are fairly "boring" in Crosley - they generally just go over the fence and disappear. My favorite parks are like Ebbets where balls bounce off of buildings outside the park, hit high off the screen, hit the facade to the upper deck, land on the roof, etc.. etc..

Archived