TotalMinors Version 4 RELEASED!!!

GForce22

It's not really important but I found a couple of minor mistakes with the player ids in checking them against LeveRRe's player id lists.

Andy Marte ATL AA should be 8511 not 9511

Jason Childers MIL AAA should be 8203 not 1613

I think there may be a couple more but I haven't got all of Leverre's player id team lists to be sure yet.

LeVerre's the one who entered them into my set, so you may want to check with him.

GH

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey,

thanks Hory for pointing out the mistakes. Must have been a slip of the fingers on Marte, when I editted. And the Childers mistake is understandable with two players with the same name on the saem team, I must have seen the one twice. I suggest people fix those, as the pics won't show up in the game. Sorry.

Cheers, LeVeRRe

Greg,

thanks for all the time and effort you put into this project. without these rosters, i would've given up on this game a while ago. accurate rosters accompanied by actual minor league players IMO create the best gameplay experience for a baseball video game.

one thing i noticed, and i'm not sure you have the answer, is that when i look through the total minors in the game through roster management, all the free agents you have created appear. but when i look at the free agents in my dynasty prior to starting season one, there are missing players from your roster and there are fake players with names such as joe guillen etc. all of the teams ML, AAA and AA are the same as the rosters prior to entering a dynasty but in the dynasty some of the free agents are fake or missing. it's really not a big deal but i was wondering if this was realized before or if i may be doing something wrong or if there is a way to correct this.

thanks again for the hard work and time you've devoted to this project.

regards,

lebowski3

Greg,

thanks for all the time and effort you put into this project. without these rosters, i would've given up on this game a while ago. accurate rosters accompanied by actual minor league players IMO create the best gameplay experience for a baseball video game.

one thing i noticed, and i'm not sure you have the answer, is that when i look through the total minors in the game through roster management, all the free agents you have created appear. but when i look at the free agents in my dynasty prior to starting season one, there are missing players from your roster and there are fake players with names such as joe guillen etc. all of the teams ML, AAA and AA are the same as the rosters prior to entering a dynasty but in the dynasty some of the free agents are fake or missing. it's really not a big deal but i was wondering if this was realized before or if i may be doing something wrong or if there is a way to correct this.

regards,

lebowski3

Hmmmm...I didn't know about real ones missing. I did know about fake ones though. If te FA list isn't full (or at a certain level, I guess) the game generates FAs to fill those slots.

GH

o.k., something strange happened with my dynasty. as i stated earlier, i had 50 extra fake players added to the free agent list on top of the players already existing on the free agent list from total minors version 4. i decided to look at the dynasty save file through notepad and was planning on attempting to delete those extra players from my season save. i wanted to see what would happen if i did this. i couldn't find a specific fake players name; i thought i'll reopen the season save in the game and write down one of the fake players names and then go into notepad again and find the fake player alphabetically. here is the strange part: when i opened the season save the fake players were no longer there and all the 118 free agents were there. i did nothing but open the season save into notepad; i made no changes. now everything is perfect. very strange. gforce: if you want i can send you my season save if this would help with anything, let me know if you are interested. like i said i changed nothing with the rosters and haven't even played a game yet. very strange but also very interesting.

BTW: i was wrong with stating that some free agents were missing from the TM4 set. i didn't count the players and made an assumption that some were missing because i didn't see some as i quickly scrolled through which i shouldn't have, sorry about that. once again, thanks a bunch for these great rosters.

Greg,

regards,

lebowski3

That's EA's doing and they're to fill up the free agent pool, I believe. If you haven't purchased any legends or heroes (like Hal Newhouser) you can just turn on the option "Use Unlockable Players" and you won't have them anymore. I had to make a new profile because I did have some legends, but as long as you don't delete your other one...

GForce:

Watching ESPN tonight on the trade deadline, the A's were mentioned as having a AA reliever named Jairo Garcia who they hope can be the kind of postseason player that Francisco Rodriguez was 2 years ago for the Angels. His stats at the AA level look pretty good:

14.1 IP

1-0 1.88 ERA

26 SO

12 BB

1 SV

I noticed you did not put Jairo in the TotalMinors roster. Is there anyway you could put him in (get rid of Oquist, 1-4 6.90 ERA),or maybe please send me your analysis of his attributes & ratings so I can personally put him into my roster?

Thanks.

GForce:

Watching ESPN tonight on the trade deadline, the A's were mentioned as having a AA reliever named Jairo Garcia who they hope can be the kind of postseason player that Francisco Rodriguez was 2 years ago for the Angels. His stats at the AA level look pretty good:

14.1 IP

1-0 1.88 ERA

26 SO

12 BB

1 SV

I noticed you did not put Jairo in the TotalMinors roster. Is there anyway you could put him in (get rid of Oquist, 1-4 6.90 ERA),or maybe please send me your analysis of his attributes & ratings so I can personally put him into my roster?

Thanks.

he isnt going to be adding anyone new (or even releasing another update from what i can gather), but i too am curious to what the formulas are that he used since id like to customize my rosters more

No offense to anyone, but these rosters SUCK!!! Why the hell is Beltran still on the Royals? The rosters from EA's Patch 3 are much more accurate than these......

Please tell me you arent really this clueless.

No offense to anyone, but these rosters SUCK!!! Why the hell is Beltran still on the Royals? The rosters from EA's Patch 3 are much more accurate than these......

God you are just dumb aren't you, first you were advertizing an anti-bush site while telling people to vote for bush, now you put down the best roster set out. Does EA's 3rd roster have real minor leaguers or just made up players?

this is the opening day rosters, will all minor leagues and all attributes have been fine tuned to give a more real life gameplay.

jpup will release an updated total 4 roster after the trade dead line with an up to date (as of 7-31) roster. It is called Total minor 4 PLUS.

Actually, these rosters were just released A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO, so I assumed that they were the *newest* version... and the Beltran trade happened several WEEKS ago... therefore a *new* and *updated* game roster would at least have this trade completed..

You guys should calm the f*** down...logic and common sense say that these rosters, which were released RECENTLY, are not 'very great'.............................

who should i call up from the minors: Ricky Haddad or Edmundo Vazquez?

how about this trade: Jon Dowd for Chang-Ho Kim. from what i understand, kim's potential is through the roof. :)

I pity you...... you try WAY too hard to be funny. :|

Actually, these rosters were just released A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO, so I assumed that they were the *newest* version... and the Beltran trade happened several WEEKS ago... therefore a *new* and *updated* game roster would at least have this trade completed..

You guys should calm the f*** down...logic and common sense say that these rosters, which were released RECENTLY, are not 'very great'.............................

Then you should just use the EA rosters and leave those of us with a brain and the ability to read alone.

the only thing youve done here to contribute is be negative about OTHER PEOPLES MODS. Just do everyone a favor and shut the **** up when you're told

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

If anyone needs to calm the f*** down it is you my friend just read your own words.

Instead of simply asking a question like "hey guys I noticed that these rosters aren't up to date" you come off like a complete jacka$%.

So you assumed wrong it's okay no need to be nasty though. I think in all of the threads you are the only one who has had anything bad to say about Gforce's work.

Here since it is so hards for people to find info here is a situation in one of Gforce's other threads. Now compare his reaction to yours, but make sure to notice the difference in the response he recieved.

his rosters are current as of opening day 2004. If you want all of the rosters to be updated, then wait a few days and I will release TotalMinors Plus Version 2 which will be updated as of July 31 or you could d/l mvpedit and do it yourself.

It's nice to see people helping people. So look before you jump next time.

I've played a month or so into my new dynasty with v4 and absolutely love it. Great improvement with the pitching prospects. They aren't way too good and they don't get shelled when called up(Wainright actually had me no hit for 5 innings before he left with an injury.. lol). BTW, I think you made Chipper Jones and Reggie Sanders way too good.. Chipper hit 4 homers off of me in a game, then Sanders hit 3. :p:p All around, amazing rosters. I hope you end up reconsidering and doing rosters for next year's version, MVP wouldn't be the same without TotalMinors. If you don't, thanks a ton for making these for this year's version. Definatelly the best mod I've ever seen for any game.

Archived