Trying to find what jersey number a player wore...

RaptorQuiz

I know Dan Quisenberry pitched (in relief) for the KC Royals, STL Cardinals, and SF Giants (part of 1 yr), in that order.

What I want to know is the number or numbers he wore while pitching in St. Louis. I can't seem to find this info. And it's frustrating. I even looked up images of his baseball cards - and the number is all or partially obscured on all of them. (he MAY have worn #28 at one point).

In case you're wondering, I am related to him, and wanted to order a customized jersey with the name on it.

Thanks for any help!

WOOHOO! I was right! Enjoy that custom jersey RaptorQuiz!

lol thanks! Altho now somebody might think I'm trying to be Gary Bennett (current backup C) or Scott Seabol (former backup 3B) if I use #28. lol.

This brings up an interesting question. Let's open it up to public discussion!

In 1988, Quisenberry pitched just 38 innings (33 games) for the Cards, and had a 6.16 ERA (2-0 record). He wore #28 this year.

In 1989, he pitched 78.1 innings (63 games) and had a 2.64 ERA (3-1 record). He wore #40 this year.

Which number would YOU choose? 28 or 40? Or would you say screw it and mix the jerseys, getting a Cards jersey with his Royals number (the height of his career), #29?

Thanks again!

Archived