Nolan Ryan Glitch?

pulseox

My 55 Dodgers were playing the 78 Angels-Nolan Ryan was their starter.

Brooklyn scored 4 runs in the 1st inning from 8 passedball/wildpitches.

Everytime he thru the ball it sailed by the catcher to the backstop and runners advanced.

Is there something with Nolan Ryan that needs to be corrected in TC5?

Any pitcher that has very high velocity and low control ratings can end up throwing way too many wild pitches/passballs. Other factors that aid in a pitchers throwing too many wild pitches/passballs would be his movement rating, catchers fielding rating & range, plus some sliders (such as pitch control, pitch speed, catch errors etc.....)

Typically with a very high velocity rating in MVP, regardless of if a pitcher gave up a great deal of walks, his control rating needs to be in line with his velocity rating to avoid such a situation.

Thus, I would suggest you bring his velocity ratings down a few clicks to 97 or so and perhaps even up this control ratings a few clicks depending on where it is (I don't have the TC5 ratings available right now). Otherwise, try adjusting some of those other factors that contribute to this situation.

MVP 2005 is a magnificient game based a lot on physics relative to player ratings. It's realism is verifiable via situations such as this and can be minimized by minor adjustments.

Hope this helps ...............

Don

Thanks for the response-You guys make my day. I'm a third of the way through my third full season of '61 teams. I've played '61 Dodgers and Yanks-now I'm playing the Reds. So you know that I play this game alot-by my rough estimate I've played 600 -700 games. I only play teams from the past-50's and 60's are my favorite era. So thanks again for all the great work you guys do.

Archived