Help with my dynasty lineups?

TwentySeven

OK, I just need a couple of bits of help from you guys. What trades should I do and how should I set up my lineups vs. Right and left handed pitching...

SP:

Johan Santana

Francisco Liriano

Kenny Rogers

Chris Young

Jamey Wright

LRP:

Cory Lidle

MRP:

Scott Proctor

Neil Cotts

Chad Guadin

SU: Joel Zumaya

CL: B. J. Ryan

C: Victor Martinez, Jose Molina

1B: Ryan Howard, Carlos Pena, Rich Aurilia

2B: Robinson Cano, Rich Aurilia, Pokey Reese

3B: Freddy Sanchez, Rich Aurilia, Pokey Reese

SS: Orlando Cabrera, Rich Aurilia, Pokey Reese

LF: Jason Bay, Melky Cabrera, Shane Victorino

CF: Grady Sizemore, Melky Cabrera, Shane Victorino

RF: Bobby Kielty, Melky Cabrera, Shane Victorino

Thanks,

TS

switch Howard and Bay, and I think you're set. Just make sure to trade Scott Proctor as fast as you can.

Kielty is the starter in right. As much as I love Melky, the hitting ratings haven't been updated so Kielty is flat out better.

Why would I trade Proctor? He's been really good for me so far. 18.2 IP, 2.97 ERA, 5.34 K/9, 1.03 WH/IP

CF Sizemore L

3B Sanchez R

1B Howard L

LF Bay R

DH Martinez S

C Molina R

RF Melky S

SS Cabrera R

2B Cano L

That way you get a L/R/L, etc. all the way down the lineup.

that might be so, but why in the world would you bat melky before cano? and at that cano 9th? DUnit's is good, but i would switch cabrera with martinez, and wait for melky to develop, i agree you should start kielty for now.

That's a good point. Without looking at the numbers, I thought Cano's OBP would've been higher because he hits for a higher average, but Melky actually knows how to take a walk. Revised:

CF Sizemore L

3B Sanchez R

1B Howard L

LF Bay R

DH Martinez S

C Molina R

2B Cano L

SS Cabrera R

RF Melky S

By the way, FYI I'm a NL team. Sorry, forgot to mention.

Here is my roster down the third month of the season:

Grady Sizemore L CF

Freddy Sanchez R 3B

Ryan Howard L 1B

Jason Bay R LF

Victor Martinez S C

Robinson Cano L 2B

Bobby Kielty S RF

Orlando Cabrera R SS

Pitcher

My reasoning at the bottom is Cabrera is relatively fast and a good base-stealer, so if he can get on, there is the possibility of stealing second, and then a bunt moves him to third.

Sanchez has got good contact and that is one of the things i like in my #2 hitter.

I already said this, but in the game, Kielty is a better hitter then Melky, at least until U. R. has updated hitting rankings. Plus, he's an excellent fielder.

Bat Cano second against righties.

And you should include updated stats for your players. Sometimes when there are new updates in UR during my dynasty, I look at the new stats and put them in to the old dynasty.

How do you make them accurate? For all I know, a 10 point BA difference is the result of a three point upgrade to their stats.

I would bat Cano second against righties, but he isn't consistent enough against lefties. Sanchez is more consistent whether its a rightie or a lefty.

Archived