Lefty Glitch Still?

Weeze

Hey Guys....Do you have to un-install everything inorder for this new finding to work? Or No?

If you want to apply the official EA patches, then yes, you have to reinstall a lot of the files....I would just backup the most important things (models.big, portraits.big, uniforms, stadiums) and do a clean reinstallation...

...if you just want to apply the crack, you don't have to reinstall anything.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weeze- I don't know how the hell you managed to find that crack, or even how you got it to work (didn't work for me, still got to use the CD), but congrats on saving yourself $20.

Woo. High five.

i have patch 3 installed. maybe thats why it asks for the cd.

That's not it...The whole point of having a v1.3 no-cd patch is to be able to play the game with Patch 3 installed. Are you sure you have the right crack installed? Did you actually replace the original mvp2004.exe file with this one?

That's not it...The whole point of having a v1.3 no-cd patch is to be able to play the game with Patch 3 installed. Are you sure you have the right crack installed? Did you actually replace the original mvp2004.exe file with this one?

i went to the link and downloaded the crack. i installed it. then i took out my cd and loaded the game. everything went fine till i got to the main menu of the game. a window came up saying it couldnt find cd 2. then it gave me the option of putting in cd 2 or quitiing. i kept hitting "ok" but it kept saying cd 2 wasnt there.

i went to the link and downloaded the crack. i installed it. then i took out my cd and loaded the game. everything went fine till i got to the main menu of the game. a window came up saying it couldnt find cd 2. then it gave me the option of putting in cd 2 or quitiing. i kept hitting "ok" but it kept saying cd 2 wasnt there.

That's pretty weird...Maybe try downloading the file from another mirror?? I really have no clue in that case...it seems to work fine on my PC now.

Surprised this thread lasted this long ;)

Anyways, I get the same message at the main menu...it asks for CD2.

The game loads a lot faster because it doesn't check for the disk initially, but it looks for it later...oh well, I'll put the disk back in.

Fortunately, I don't change games much, so CD2 just resides in my drive...until my kids get into it...then I find it laying on the floor under my computer desk :banghead:

kkkerrywood - do you have patch 3 installed?

yeah, I had Patch 3 installed since it was released. All I had to do was replace the no-cd's file with the one in the game directory.

Hmmm, odd...that's all I did as well, backed up the original Patch3 MVP2004.exe file and then copied the No-CD one in there...as I said, it gets past the initial check, but it looks again at the main menu and asks for CD2 again.....I tried downloading it from other servers and it's no different...all of those overseas servers didn't work.

It's not that big a deal for me, as I said, the disk pretty much lives in my drive anyways, not much chance of it getting wrecked in there, my daughters have their own computer now so the kids don't mess with mine much anymore...

I do like the idea of being able to keep it in the jewel case though, just one less thing that might go wrong. If I feel adventurous, I'll look at a re-install...it's just a bit of a pain because of all the mods I have installed.

does anyone have patch 3 installed while using the nocd crack? i have patch 3 and it says i need to put cd 2 in.

I do....I had the patch installed already, and all I did was replace the file in the folder...Clearly, you guys have too many mods installed that conflict with the game. If you want to use this, you should probably reinstall it. That will likely fix the problem.

I do....I had the patch installed already, and all I did was replace the file in the folder...Clearly, you guys have too many mods installed that conflict with the game. If you want to use this, you should probably reinstall it. That will likely fix the problem.

It just seems odd to me because we are replacing the entire .exe file...I mean if you install all three patches and then go and put the first No-CD (v1.1) in there it works, except you lose the changes made to the .exe (lefty glitch etc.) because, obviously, you are reverting to an earlier .exe file.

Whatever, I'm happy anyways, because even with the disk in, it skips the initial CD check and the game loads much faster....

does anyone have patch 3 installed while using the nocd crack? i have patch 3 and it says i need to put cd 2 in.

Yep. Everything went fine for me. I uninstalled, reinstalled, patched, then cracked and everything works great.

WTF?!?! Now it DOES work......

I think I figured this out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before, when it didn't work, I clicked on the SHORTCUT in the start menu to turn on the game...

However, now I tried DIRECTLY clicking on the cracked mvp2004.exe file in the game menu and it works!!!

So you guys should try clicking on the actual no-cd crack to turn the game on to make it work :D:D:D :D

Archived