Lefty Glitch Still?

Weeze

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theres a new Patch over at GamesCopyWorld.com ( Just uploaded today ) ...

This one works...even with Shortcut on your destop ... :)

Question....

Just downloaded "MVP2004 v1.2/1.3 NO CD Fixed"....It says to load Patch 2 & 3 and then the NO CD exe.

Before I install the NO CD....Is it really necessary to load Patch 3 for this to work?..

I have patch 2 and I know the "left HR" glitz has been corrected with Patch 2 and I don't really care about patch 3....I have had cd2 in my drive for over a month now and it sure would be nice to put it back in its case.

Sooooo...Anyone know if patch 3 is really needed for the NO CD to work properly?

tks - I do not have patch 3 installed. I installed the no cd patch (I posted the link earlier in this thread) and it works fine - lefty bug is still fixed w/out cd. Btw - I also have totalminor 3 installed if you had a question about that working w/it as well

Question....

Just downloaded "MVP2004 v1.2/1.3 NO CD Fixed"....It says to load Patch 2 & 3 and then the NO CD exe.

Before I install the NO CD....Is it really necessary to load Patch 3 for this to work?..

I have patch 2 and I know the "left HR" glitz has been corrected with Patch 2 and I don't really care about patch 3....I have had cd2 in my drive for over a month now and it sure would be nice to put it back in its case.

Sooooo...Anyone know if patch 3 is really needed for the NO CD to work properly?

I don't think it's necessary. It's a 1.2 & 1.3 patch so just installing Patch 2 should be enough. it really couldn't hurt to try and make sure though.

tks - I do not have patch 3 installed. I installed the no cd patch (I posted the link earlier in this thread) and it works fine - lefty bug is still fixed w/out cd. Btw - I also have totalminor 3 installed if you had a question about that working w/it as well

Aha....That answers my question.

Thanks much!....Off to install the NO CD. :D

I decieded to try it out... and i used US Mirror 3 on gameburnworld.com, and it does work without my CD in, BUT it does try to check the A: Drive... it's kinda annoying so i might be going back to just using the CD...

The good news for those of you who don't own the game is that the crack does in fact work...

I decieded to try it out... and i used US Mirror 3 on gameburnworld.com, and it does work without my CD in, BUT it does try to check the A: Drive... it's kinda annoying so i might be going back to just using the CD...

The good news for those of you who don't own the game is that the crack does in fact work...

I do not even have a drive A:. Do they still make floppy drives?

Bummer!

No CD doesn't work for me.

Tried two different mirror sites and regardless of the download I still must use CD2.

When I install the NO CD (via Winrar) I get "extracting" message and after a few seconds the screen goes blank and gets me back to the desktop...So I assume it installed correctly.

I tried opening using the NEW "MVP2004.exe" shortcut which I placed on the desktop...and...also tried opening via Internet Explorer by clicking on "mvp2004.exe" in the game itself.

Makes no difference....keeps asking for CD2.

I don't want to go through various uninstall/re-install on folders and files to make this work..............Soooo, guess I'll just haveta keep using CD2, at least for the time being.

I'll keep the NO CD download on file and maybe try some other time but I don't want to mess around with all the mods/datafiles that are already in the game...especially when everything else is working perfectly!

tks - when you extract the files from the zip, you will have two files, a new MVP2004.exe and a file called vengence.nfo (like a readme)...you will then need to copy and paste the new .exe into your main MVP Baseball 2004 folder.

The way you described it makes it seem like you thought it did it all automatically....sorry if I've misunderstood you.

I would suggest right clicking the .rar and selecting "extract to current folder" then move the .exe into your main MVP2004 folder. Back up your existing MVP2004.exe by simply renaming it to something like "OLDMVP2004.EXE" or whatever. That way it is still around if you need it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second one (from GameCopyWorld) works for me, though it does check the A: drive once in a while????? It's funny because the file information is exactly the same, size, date, and time as the one I tried yesterday that didn't work (it didn't check the A: drive either). Well at least I didn't have to uninstall and reinstall.

tks - when you extract the files from the zip, you will have two files, a new MVP2004.exe and a file called vengence.nfo (like a readme)...you will then need to copy and paste the new .exe into your main MVP Baseball 2004 folder.

The way you described it makes it seem like you thought it did it all automatically....sorry if I've misunderstood you.

I would suggest right clicking the .rar and selecting "extract to current folder" then move the .exe into your main MVP2004 folder. Back up your existing MVP2004.exe by simply renaming it to something like "OLDMVP2004.EXE" or whatever. That way it is still around if you need it.

spitoon...

I just received a similar message from bigbully!...you guys think alike.

And you both know a dunce when you see one!

What a blockhead I am......Yes, for some reason I cannot explain, I was trying to activate the .exe file from Winrar, thinking it would by some miracle, install itself into the game.

As I mentioned to bigbully, I always (except this time) drag and drop whatever I open with Winrar and place it in a special folder on the desktop.

Why in the world I didn't do it this time is beyond me....I guess I saw the ".exe" file and felt it would just take care of itself without my assistance.

Talk about dense!!.....As soon as I read the first sentence from the two of you, I knew exactly what I did wrong.

Thanks to both of you for your help and for posting your recommendations without laughing too hard.

Thanks again.....and I appreciate it!

BTW........... It works!

Archived