Lefty Glitch Still?

Weeze

Hello. I finally got all my cameras and what-not squared away, but I still have a problem. I think I may still have the lefty glitch, or I'm doing something wrong (timing my swing maybe?)

I rarely hit home runs with lefties, and if I do they are JUST over the wall. I haven't hit one with Travis Hafner, who has a 100 Power against RHPs. Even if the ball is red he either pops it up weakly or hits it off the wall. Ronnie Belliard is easier to hit home runs with, and he's not exactly known for his power. Hell, I've even hit some with Omar Vizquel hitting right handed, and he has to hit from second base to put it over the wall normally.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm almost positive I got the official update.

If I save my entire MVP Baseball directory somewhere else, uninstall, reinstall, and install the official patch, then paste the old directory in, will it have updated?

Thanks.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello. I finally got all my cameras and what-not squared away, but I still have a problem. I think I may still have the lefty glitch, or I'm doing something wrong (timing my swing maybe?)

I rarely hit home runs with lefties, and if I do they are JUST over the wall. I haven't hit one with Travis Hafner, who has a 100 Power against RHPs. Even if the ball is red he either pops it up weakly or hits it off the wall. Ronnie Belliard is easier to hit home runs with, and he's not exactly known for his power. Hell, I've even hit some with Omar Vizquel hitting right handed, and he has to hit from second base to put it over the wall normally.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm almost positive I got the official update.

If I save my entire MVP Baseball directory somewhere else, uninstall, reinstall, and install the official patch, then paste the old directory in, will it have updated?

Thanks.

No offense, but it's just a question anybody will ask when someone complains about the glitch:

"Did you buy the actual game, and install patch 3 (or 2)? "

A No-CD crack for patch 2 or 3 has not been released (from what I know), and if you try to use the NO-CD crack for patch 1 with patch 2/3, the lefty glitch wil still be there.

HOpe this helps.

Well, yes and no. I HAD the game and installed it with the disc, but my little monster of a baby cousin snapped CD 2 right in half.

I got the .iso for CD 2 of MVP Baseball... could this be why the lefty glitch is still there?

I guess I'll have to buy the game again. :(

I did a little research and found this file, does this sound like it'll work with the patches to eliminate the lefty glitch?

"MVP BASEBALL 2004 v1.2 & v1.3 [ENGLISH] NO-CD/FIXED EXE (1.56MB)"

get your cd replaced...hope you have proof that you paid for it...and i hope you have a virus scanner because if you're looking for game cracks on places like kazaa or other popular p2p sharing programs, you will probably run into a lot of fake files and virus's.

Nah, this is a legit place, but does it sound like it'll work? I didn't save the receipt for buying the game because I didn't think the terrible todler would go apeshit on my discs. :(

I just want to know if you think "MVP BASEBALL 2004 v1.2 & v1.3 [ENGLISH] NO-CD/FIXED EXE (1.56MB)" will work for fixing the lefty glitch with the new patches?

Nah, this is a legit place, but does it sound like it'll work? I didn't save the receipt for buying the game because I didn't think the terrible todler would go apeshit on my discs. :(

I just want to know if you think "MVP BASEBALL 2004 v1.2 & v1.3 [ENGLISH] NO-CD/FIXED EXE (1.56MB)" will work for fixing the lefty glitch with the new patches?

I tried downloading one of those things, but it didn't work with the lefty- bug even with a direct copy of the 2nd CD.I guess you need the original... So I just ended up buying it.....Try e-bay, you can probably get this for about 10 bucks now.

He CAN'T have the patch you f***ing douchebag....He doesn't have the original CD and is using a no-cd crack.

I seems KKK wood would be the most expirienced souce for this problem...

MY EXPLANATION FOR ASKING THAT QUESTION:

Actually I --DID NOT-- buy the game, I'd never actually pay for garbage like this...

... I wanted to install Patch 2, but of course to be able to play the game with it installed, the actual "PLAY" CD is required. Unfortunately I had no way of knowing which of the 2 CD's I should download the CloneCD copy of, therefore I asked you guys...

ok...YOU'RE DONE...

and don't worry...I have the original game.... if you're that stubborn, I'd be glad to give you the e-bay tracking number for the transaction....but then again, what do I care what you think?..

Right. That would make sense, except if that were the case I wouldn't know that CD 2 is the play cd.

It's okay if you don't want to believe me, I really could care less. But I have another question for those willing to answer...

What exactly changes/fixes the lefty glitch? Right now I uninstalled, reinstalled, installed the patches, and now I put the new no cd crack in. Yet I'm wondering, if I copy and paste the old files over into the new directory, will it overwrite a file that fixed the lefty glitch?

Right. That would make sense, except if that were the case I wouldn't know that CD 2 is the play cd.

It's okay if you don't want to believe me, I really could care less. But I have another question for those willing to answer...

What exactly changes/fixes the lefty glitch? Right now I uninstalled, reinstalled, installed the patches, and now I put the new no cd crack in. Yet I'm wondering, if I copy and paste the old files over into the new directory, will it overwrite a file that fixed the lefty glitch?

If you want to eliminate the bug, you hvae no choice but to acquire an original CD2 of the game(like I did) A no-cd crack WILL NOT fix the lefty bug...trust me on that one.

I think what you found is a no-cd patch for version 1.1 that someone just posted a link to saying that it's for v1.2 and 1.3...

...oh yeah, that means it does NOT fix the lefty bug, and you need to play with your CD in the drive

i got the first no-cd but when it wouldnt work with the first patch i dumped it and took the cd out of the case. i just tried getting the new no-cd but nothing happened. none of the links will download. guess i'll have to keep using the cd. oh well. 8)

this new crack you got, does fix the left bug...trust me...

i was after this crack for a while. as i dont like to keep changing cds in my drive all the time iam gonna play a diferent game....

i ve played with the original cd and this crack, and i can tell you, theyre the same.

u can say bye bye lefty bug, my friend

ok i had a pop up blocker on my computer not letting me download it. i got it but you still need the disc. the game will load but when it gets to the main screen, it says it cant find cd 2. once you put cd 2 in then you click ok and you can play. not much of a no cd if you ask me. :p oh well back to just using the disc lol

Archived