Fox Sports Net Affiliate Overlay Update

sdcorreia

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry guys, I don't think I described it very well. It doesn't have anything to do with being a pitcher or batter being righty or a lefty.

For example, if I'm pitching to Thome, and I throw him a pitch on the inside corner of the plate, then the pitch speed will show up at more to the left of the screen. On the next pitch, I throw him something on the outside corner of the plate and the pitch speed shows up more toward the right hand side of the screen. It seems as though the coordinates that EA uses to locate the pitch speed in the .fel file are relative to the final location of the pitch.

I guess what I'm asking is if there is a way to change it to a fixed position. Hope that clears things up. Thanks again.

sdcorreia

Sorry for the long time between updates. I have a lot of personal stuff to take care of before I go back to work, so I haven't had a chance to work on V2 until today.

As for V2, it is only going to be a small update. Here are the changes that I plan on doing:

1. Updating transparency images to match the outline of the new logo.

I noticed during day games that it was only partially transparent to the far right of the overlay. I fixed it so everything to the right of the logo is completely transparent

2. Adding choice of original pitch type graphics to zip file.

I'm doing this so that the people who'd prefer the original graphics over rollie's can still use these overlays.

3. Adding ingame.big file to the zip file.

A lot of people had problems with the overlay being smooshed into one corner. This would happen if you were using a non-Foxbar style overlay prior to installing these overlays. Installing this file with the igonly.big should prevent this from happening.

4. Adding teams affiliates to readme file.

Thanks to CG 29 for giving me a list of the affiliates with the teams that they represent. This should make it easier for people to choose which affiliates they want based on the team they're using or playing against.

As for the pitch speed situation, I'm going to give up on trying to move it into the overlay itself. Trying to get it to show up in the same place on every pitch is beyond my modding knowledge. So if anyone else would like to give it a shot after I release V2, I have no problem with it as long is you mention me in the readme.

Also, due to my return to work, I will be unable to fulfill requests for non-FSN overlays. My work day plus commute time will be about 12-13 hours, so that basically gives me no time to work on them, sorry. I'm sure if you ask someone else on this board, they'd be happy to fulfill your requests.

I will have the first six updated and uploaded hopefully tonight, but probably sometime tomorrow. The first six will be Arizona, Bay Area, Chicago, Detroit, Florida, and Midwest. I also updated the KCAL overlay based on images from eohx21, and will upload that as well. I should be uploading files every other day, so it should all be done within a week. I will keep you all posted. Thanks for your patience.

sdcorreia

The following affiliates are ready for download on the front page:

Arizona

Bay Area

Chicago

Detroit

Florida

Midwest

West

West 2

I'm now going to upload the following affiliates:

Minnesota

New England

New York

North

I'm also going to upload a new version of the KCAL 9 overlay for Angels' fans out there. Thanks to eohx21 for the image of the actual overlay. I couldn't get it moved to the bottom like in the actual broadcast, so if anyone would like to try and get it down there, feel free to try.

I've got 6 more affiliates to do. Look for them probably toward the end of the weekend. I'm taking a break from modding for a day or two so I can play this game. 8) Hope you guys enjoy the updates!!!

sdcorreia

sdcorreia, don't worry about the lack of updates man you have done a outstanding job and you helped improved make MVP a more enjoyable game. For your personal stuff I hope the very best for you, we all have had tough times so you have should have nothing to be sorry about for not updating or worrying about doing Overlays. Just a quick question though, when you going to do the Version 2 For the Mariners FSN Northwest? There is no rush I was just wondering. Keep up the good work, I hope things are going better for you now. Thanks again, CG 29

Update time!!!

I'm uploading V2 overlays of the Northwest, Ohio, and Pittsburgh as we speak.

I also had to upload a version 3 of the New York and North affiliates. I screwed up and imported the overlay image into the wrong file within the pitchslc.fsh so this should take of that. If you downloaded version 2 of these overlays, get rid of them. I only found the error in those two, but if anybody sees the error in other V2 files, let me know so I can fix them.

I only have three more affiliates to do: Rocky Mtn, South, and Southwest. I will get these uploaded tomorrow.

sdcorreia

Final Update!!!! 8)

I'm now uploading the final three V2 affiliates as I write this. They are Rocky Mountain, South and Southwest.

As I have said before, this will be the final updates that I will be doing to these overlays unless there are major errors in any of them. I go back to work on Friday :D so if anybody sees anything wrong, then let me know by Thursday afternoon so I can fix them and get them out. I will still be lurking around to find more great mods to download, so I won't be entirely dormant. I would like to thank everyone for all the information that was given to me to create these overlays, and also for all the compliments that I got for these overlays. This being my first attempt at modding any game, it really made this worth doing. Once again thanks!!!

sdcorreia

Final Update!!!! 8)

I'm now uploading the final three V2 affiliates as I write this. They are Rocky Mountain, South and Southwest.

As I have said before, this will be the final updates that I will be doing to these overlays unless there are major errors in any of them. I go back to work on Friday :D so if anybody sees anything wrong, then let me know by Thursday afternoon so I can fix them and get them out. I will still be lurking around to find more great mods to download, so I won't be entirely dormant. I would like to thank everyone for all the information that was given to me to create these overlays, and also for all the compliments that I got for these overlays. This being my first attempt at modding any game, it really made this worth doing. Once again thanks!!!

sdcorreia

nice job and thanks for your contribution. :)

Archived