upgrading computer..suggestions?

brutushayesosu

I plan on upgrading my computer in the coming days. I plan on getting these items.

sound blaster x-fi platinum (from bestbuy $125)

Dell E207WFP (releasing 10-17 $289, using dell account)

specs: 1680x1050 widescreen resolution, DVI with HDCP, and a 5ms response time

Logitech Z-5500 speakers (off ebay)

My plan is to sell my current monitor dell e173fp,current altec lansing 5.1 251 speakers , and my old graphics card radeon x600se over ebay to pay for the speakers. I already have $110 on my paypal so I should have enough (at least $100 for monitor, $50 for speakers, and $40 for card is what Im estimating)

Question is: Does this sound like a good plan? I have to see if the sound card is still available at the Best Buys around here. (5 or so around Columbus, OH) Does anyone here own the sound card with I/O and the speakers? If so, do you recommend them? Or if there's another route I should take let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

Well I bought the soundcard already. $125! Newegg and TigerDirect are selling them for $179. I dont know why the platnium is cheaper than the regular version at BB, but it was. Maybe they are way overstocked? Anyways, if anyone needs a pretty nice sound card I would check out your local BestBuy. They are soldout at their site. The I/O module has in opticla input and output so if you have a nice receiver and speakers you can have a pretty nice setup.

Still trying to find a coupon code for the 20" ws dell monitor. You can get a 20% off somewhere so it'll cost $231.

Archived