About sizing a jersey when buying a customized one

RaptorQuiz

Hi there. I'm planning on ordering a customized jersey.

(Thanks to JoeRudi26, JoeyMcM93, and heathd521 for helping me find the information I needed to pick a number a while back).

Anyway - now that I know I want "Quisenberry" and the number "40" - I'm wondering if anybody has ever ordered one themselves, and has any advice for sizing.

The options available to me are: 40, 44, 48, 60, 52, and 56.

Are these chest sizes? If so, I'm actually around a 38 (Yes, I'm like a tiny baby girl). But considering you'd always wear a jersey around another shirt (etc)... does that mean it would actually be right to order it a bit larger anyway?

Or am I just kind of S.O.L., and need to order the "replica" jersey in a smaller size, since the "authentic" jerseys don't seem to come in anything smaller than 40?

Any help would be MUCH appreciated! (Don't wanna waste $250). Thanks!

I believe it is chest size...not a 100% sure. If so, you should be good with a size 40.

I really love the ultra-helpful "sizing chart" on mlb.com. It does NOTHING to clear the situation up, unless you're trying to convert your measured dimensions into what size REPLICA jersey you're trying to buy. (The replicas come in S, M, L, XL, etc) :)

I know XXL is 52, 3XL is 56, so if you'd want to wear a jersey wouldn't you want to wear it one size bigger than your undershirt?

I guess that makes sense. Maybe I'll go try one on at the mall (the pre-made jerseys) before I order a custom one off the web. I wish I'd thought of that earlier. Duh. :roll:

By the way: Nice Decepticons avatar. :) Are you planning to see the movie?

I guess that makes sense. Maybe I'll go try one on at the mall (the pre-made jerseys) before I order a custom one off the web. I wish I'd thought of that earlier. Duh. :roll:

By the way: Nice Decepticons avatar. :) Are you planning to see the movie?

I'm paying to see it so I can hear this guy go "Do a Barrel Roll!" since that's what's winning at the phrase contest thingamajig on the site

Archived