a kind of a random idea...

abc006

ok, i've had this idea for a decent amount of time now, and i'm not sure it's worth it or not, i'm not sure how i'm giong to do it, what i'm going to do with it, if i'm going to do it at all, etc. here's what it is:

similar to a dynasty that follows one person, i'm creating a player, 100% from scratch. although, it's not going to use mvp baseball at all - i don't think; i might use it for something, but probably not. what i'm going to do is almost create a book in a way- follow the guy's history using fake news articles, blogs, tv transcripts, photos (might need some help on this one), the whole deal. i'm going to purposely not plan it out, improvising on the spot, not knowing where it takes me. all i do know is:

an average stat line for him along his career in a good/decent season would be:

.287, 19 HR, 82 RBI, 15 SB, .386 OBP

i'm not trying to make him great - a good player, he hustles, pretty clutch, but still not superstar. however, he's also known for his personality off the field too- writes books, poems, is a comedian, is on alot of tv shows and the like because of his personality, etc. Not quite the modern Moe Berg, but maybe slightly similar. again, this is all i know so far. i'd like input from you about these questions:

1. Is it a good idea?

if you answer yes, go on

2. Is it worthwhile/do you think i'll be able to do it?

if yes, go on. if not, who cares, you might as well answer it. (not required to, though)

3. What should be his name?

4. What should be his position? (keep the stat line above in mind = he's not a power hitting first baseman)

5. are you willing to help me at all in photoshopping backs of jerseys (his face won't be shown) or any other graphics things that i might need help with?

6. keeping in mind my rough outline above, what do you think should be his basic history?

thanks alot for all advice or whatever you give me. again, it's just the idea i had that i think might be kind of cool, so i was wondering about your input. :D

yeah, well at teh same time, i'd probably do it just for fun even if nobody liked it, but then again you also want some self-satisfaction that you're not compltely wasting your time. but do you have any specific suggestions on what i can do?

yeah, well at teh same time, i'd probably do it just for fun even if nobody liked it, but then again you also want some self-satisfaction that you're not compltely wasting your time. but do you have any specific suggestions on what i can do?

No, and you shouldn't ever think like that. No matter what the heck you do you are always going to come across some clown that is going to either not like what you did or will make fun of it. Maybe it's because of jealousy or whatever. If you make this, I can promise you that it will be read in here.

You've come up with a good idea. And since you are going to detail what this fictional player does on and off the field, you can really expand on the person and his interests.

Do whatever makes you happy. We don't need to tell you. If creating this "book" or "blog" is something you want to do...go for it. You don't have to justify it to us.
well, not to start anything, but when you constantly get comments about how all you say is just useless spam, doing something like this might generate more of that talk, which is something that i want to stay away from.

ok, i've come up with a couple of possible first names, but i'm never good at last names. here's a couple i thought of:

Ricky (so far the first - maybe just because it seems like a good ol' american name, tom sawyer-ish if you know what i mean)

put these in a random name generator:

Dell

Felix

C/Kurtis

Sebastian

Neo

Terrence

I say Curtis

well, not to start anything, but when you constantly get comments about how all you say is just useless spam, doing something like this might generate more of that talk, which is something that i want to stay away from.

You know what, and I have said it before...when you first started on here, there was alot of spam. You have proven that you are more then a spammer, and you have tried to contribute CTS screens etc. If I ever mad you feel like you were a spammer, it was because you were a noob, with a lot of useless posts. Your posts have matured, and I have nothing against you as a member. By all means work on this idea, I for one will read it. May I suggest, that if you don't want to use MVP for this project, then try Baseball Mogul. If you need help with Mogul or need the program...PM me.

I don't like the Dell, but the rest is OK.
really? i kind of like that part. i think it's kind of cool.

anyway, as i was saying, does anybody know where i can find a picture of a player with his back to the camera? or something like that? also, if anyone's willing to help me with the photoshopping part, that'd be much appreciated. thanks. :wtg:

Nice idea, and I'd definately follow..not many ideas on a good name, but I'd say middle infield looks about right considering the stats....
yeah, i've basically narrowed it down to ss or second, leaning towards shortstop, but hopefully it's not to cliche in a way.

ok, i've kind of got some things done. Right now i'm just going to start it and see where it leads me - i've nothing planned out yet except that he's a shortstop who played from 2006-2021. i think. maybe not, but i'm not really sure. it'll be posted soon ;)

Archived