NCAA basketball talk.

brutushayesosu

Well I was as skeptical as everyone else about OSU's preseason ranking and now them being ranked #1. But Im a believer now. This team has got some really sick players and one that hasn't even played yet, Greg Oden. Cook and Conley have blown me away thus far and Lewis and Butler are solid players. This game against NC has been going good thus far seeing its the Bucks first road game and first real test. OSU plays Florida on Dec. 23rd and might have Oden back by then.

College basketball is back and I didnt realize I missed it as much as I did. Rep your teams and discuss the season.

It's too bad they're only going to have Oden for a year. I think the NBA's new rule about entering the draft early is stupid; either make players go to college for 2 years or drop the rule altogether. It has the potential to ruin teams to only make a player stay for one year, I think.

Ohio State won't have a whole lot of competition this year in the Big 10. I think Wisconsin is overrated, and almost every other team got worse.

Anyways, go Heels and go Marquette!

There's talk that he might stay at least 2 years. He apparently likes the college atmosphere and not to mention he might want to play with Conley more than just year. Conley was his teammate in High School. Its wishful thinking but who knows. Good luck in 2nd half. The first was unbelievable.

Not so sure. Noah could have gone number one last year, and I would have gladly had him on my Raptors, but some players just like playing on the college level. Personally, I think the rivalries are much better in the NCAA than in pro sports, and there's also more camaraderie on NCAA teams.

Noah is the most overrated player in college basketball. Everyone jumps on his bandwagon b/c who his dad is and because he's so charasmatic.

I'm an LSU fan but from the games I've seen so far, we need an outside shooter. The best player I've seen this year is Kansas' Julian Wright.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a Michigan St. fan but it's gonna be ugly this year. They lost Paul Davis, Maurice Ager, and Shannon Brown to the NBA. It will be a rough one

Well, they are doing better than I would have expected. But I don't think Nixel, no idea how to spell that either, can carry em that long. I say we go out in the first round of the tourney.

Go Gators!

Can't deny UCLA the #1 spot, but Florida's #2.

Ohio State will definitely be in the mix in March as well - especially when they get Oden 100% healthy. It's always up in the air with a young team like they have.

It was good to see the team playing like it did last year - hopefully this game got the swagger that they had last March back.

To be honest I think Ohio St. is overrated. I don't think they will make it past the round of 16 in the tournament. Oden is good underneath the baseket but if you can force him anywhere outside he is useless.

When Oden gets his right hand (his dominant hand) back, forcing him outside won't be as effective. The reason that the Gators were successful is that they took away his left hand options, leaving him basically without an answer.

Oden will be a force when he gets his right hand back, but right now my team(N. Carolina) is looking real good. Ty Lawson has to be the fastest player in College Basketball, Wayne Ellington can shoot the lights out, Reyshaun Terry is a great leager and can shoot pretty good, Brandon Wright is a force blocking shots and rebounding, and Tyler Hansbrough....well we all know what he can do.

When Oden gets his right hand (his dominant hand) back, forcing him outside won't be as effective. The reason that the Gators were successful is that they took away his left hand options, leaving him basically without an answer.

I just don't think his jump shot is quite effective enough. If you put two bodies on him I think people will see that Ohio St. doesn't have quite as many options as people think.

Archived