2007 Topps Baseball

Ace152

toppsnewdesign.jpg

Looks pretty good

My son and I usually drop $25 a week on cards throughout the year. Then we get that Topps factory set every xmas. Been doing this since he was born in '02, and combined with the stuff left over from my youth(what I didnt sell) we have a really nice collection going.

I used to get a box of cards every other month when I was little. I have a ton of cards occupying my closet now. Some sets and about 20 shoe boxes full of commons. My gf wants me to get rid of them for the obvious reasons. I have over 40 shaq rookie cards, ken griffey jr 89 UD, frank thomas 90 leaf. Ive sat back and watched those cards go way down in price. Last I heard the Thomas was worth $10. Down from $120 from many yrs ago. I think its time to give up and sell them. Is ebay a good place to sell them or should I find a hobby store? I would imagine hobby stores are more concerned with selling than buying. Any suggestions.

I used to get a box of cards every other month when I was little. I have a ton of cards occupying my closet now. Some sets and about 20 shoe boxes full of commons. My gf wants me to get rid of them for the obvious reasons. I have over 40 shaq rookie cards, ken griffey jr 89 UD, frank thomas 90 leaf. Ive sat back and watched those cards go way down in price. Last I heard the Thomas was worth $10. Down from $120 from many yrs ago. I think its time to give up and sell them. Is ebay a good place to sell them or should I find a hobby store? I would imagine hobby stores are more concerned with selling than buying. Any suggestions.

i would highly suggest ebay. at a hobby store they probably have a set price, and on ebay, the sky is the limit.

i used to collect cards...i still would like to, but the market is so depressing. I have many many rookie cards that went from being a whole lot of money to almost nothing, due to the advent of the internet. Ebay has absolutely ruined the collectible industry. Card shops are almost obsolete, even the rarest cards can be easily found and payed for, and hardly anyone trades anymore. Its sad what a true American hobby has become.

Its still a great hobby. Worrying about what stuff is worth and going to be worth is what kills the enjoyment.

The new regulations on who can be depicted on cards is good too. Now we wont have RCs of guys that are 5 years away from the big leagues.

The stuff from the late 80's to 90's is for the most part worthless. Thanks in part to the excessive print runs of the sets from that time period. Still some good looking cards from that era.

Did anybody actually think that 1987 Topps set was going to pay for their college education?

How much is that Griffey 89 Upper Deck worth now? When I was a kid I always prayed for that card. A pack was expensive as hell.

yeah. I never had my cards graded. I traded a Todd Zeile RC, and two other schmoes for it. Way back in the day. Best trade ever. I go the Frank Thomas from buying a pack for $12. I knew exactly where the card was (bottom left corner, 2nd row down.) Usually the dealers would shuffle the packs but I watched a guy open a box and not shuffle. This was at a card show. I actually had a booth at one when I was 12. My friend and I, plus his dad. I bought a bunch of boxes from Sam's Club and sold the packs a little under the avg. but enough to get gain a profit. I laugh when I think about my card collecting days.

go look at ebay....u can get a griffey rookie for under 5 bucks

its not that i ever sell my cards, it just adds to the appeal that something is worth collecting. its cool to know you have something that is rare and worth money but you keep it anyways. It's also sad to no longer be able to walk into a card shop and look at all of the different cards and occasionally drop some money on one you really really want.

baseball cards are extremely unique. I noticed the other day that for baseball cards, they just say "baseball cards" on the cover. but for football cards, they say "football trading cards", because you can't tell... but my point is that baseball cards don't need to saying "trading cards", they are cards unto themselves. anyway, the design doesn't look bad - the picture looks larger than last year, but i kind of like the basic design of last year's better.

toppsnewdesign.jpg

Looks pretty good

My son and I usually drop $25 a week on cards throughout the year. Then we get that Topps factory set every xmas. Been doing this since he was born in '02, and combined with the stuff left over from my youth(what I didnt sell) we have a really nice collection going.

Wow, hey, I've been doing the same thing for my first son, born in 2001. Not the $25 a week, but same thing as in we buy the full Topps set every XMAS, and have them since XMAS of 2001. My younger son was born in 2003, and instead of baseball for him, we just buy the full Topps football sets. It's pretty cool and both boys are starting to build a little collection!

I started out trying to build the 2001 and 2002 Topps Heritage sets for him, but those get damn pricey with all of the short prints. I did manage to finish the base set of those.

We usually buy 10 or so random packs a week. Also a few of the card shops we frequent have auctions. Sometimes we will pick up one of those monster 3200 count boxes full for under $10. Always loaded with star cards.

I started out trying to build the 2001 and 2002 Topps Heritage sets for him, but those get damn pricey with all of the short prints. I did manage to finish the base set of those.

We usually buy 10 or so random packs a week. Also a few of the card shops we frequent have auctions. Sometimes we will pick up one of those monster 3200 count boxes full for under $10. Always loaded with star cards.

:gack: lucky...

Archived