.45th Anniversary - A Houston Astros Dynasty

NYY_rich

do you play your games or do you just let the computer play them? cause when you broadcast it, I cannot see the circles and pitch meters and such.

Well those circles and meters can be turned off visually if you want, but he is just using the replay feature the game comes with. That automatically hides those things (although there is an annoying "spotlight" circle that shows up in a lot of the pictures - you have to get a good angle to make them hidden.

Well those circles and meters can be turned off visually if you want, but he is just using the replay feature the game comes with. That automatically hides those things (although there is an annoying "spotlight" circle that shows up in a lot of the pictures - you have to get a good angle to make them hidden.

You can replay the game, cause I always wanted to broadcast a game like that, cause I am thinking about doing it for a living very soon.

All the games I don't broadcast, I play. The other games are simulated and I go back and use Windows Movie Maker to do the commentary. Also, I should note that I don't watch the game while it's going on, but I use the box score at the end to pull up facts about every player in that particular game.

Game 11

Astros (5-5) @ Phillies (3-7)

According to Astros manager Phil Garner, Justin Verlander is now this close to losing his rotation spot. Garner went so far as to leave Verlander in to the point where he demolished his ERA. In short, the Phils won 11-6 and Verlander got rocked. The bullpen, once again, was rock solid. Rasner stopped the bleeding and Scott Eyre, the unsung hero of the pitching staff, only gave up one run and one hit over two innings. Alfonso Soriano did something very few can say that they have ever done - hit home runs in four consecutive at-bats! Soriano lifted two screamer shots deep into the left field seats in the second and third to ignite the Houston offense.

carpentergetshitau8.jpg

Chris Carpenter gets hit by a Brandon Inge line drive in the second.

Now, we go to the rubber game of the series where Andy Pettitte will face off against sophomore starter Jered Weaver.

BOX SCORE

Game 12

Astros (5-6) @ Phillies (4-7)

For the first time this season, the pitching was solid. No question about it. The Astros took the finale 5-4 and end the road trip at 3-3. Andy Pettitte went seven innings giving up 4 runs on 7 hits and the bullpen of Zumaya, Eyre, and Rivera was lights out! On the offensive side, Phil Garner and the Astros decided to play a little small ball, with the exception of Felix Pie's home run. Two in the fourth, two in the fifth, and one more in the sixth would be all they need.

Now, it's back to Florida to host a short series versus the Florida Marlins. Gil Meche will face off against promising youngster Zach Duke.

The Astros also made a move on Sunday trading 1B Erubiel Durazo to the Yankees for 1B Doug Mientkiewicz. Durazo was a solid .000, and Houston is certain Mientkiewicz will produce both in the field and with the bat. Also expect Jason Kendall to be put on the trading block within the next couple of days. Kendall, the starting catcher on opening day, has been silent with the bat for the most part only hitting .136 and 0 for his last 14.

BOX SCORE

• 4 weeks later...

Archived