I need Laptop Help!

NYM

I'm looking to by a laptop, beacuse it is lighter, it is more energy efficient, and my computer I am currently using I do not want.

First of all I am only taking considerations from Best By, because I have $200 in gift certifcates there.

Does anyone know of any good laptops that aren't $1000+?

Moved to Tech Talk.

If you're seriously considering buying a notebook (I don't think they're actually allowed to be called laptops now due to a legal case where a guy was burnt rather seriously due to overheating) from Best Buy, based on opinions I've read, you'd be better off spending those $200 in gift certificates on things like USB-powered fans and mug warmers.

Best Buy isn't exactly known as the king of cutting edge technology, if you know what I mean. But hey, Vista has a built-in chess game, maybe you can copy that to your current box and play all day! :D

If I were you, you don't buy computers, especially laptops or notebooks or whatever you wanna call it, in retail stores like Best Buy... even with the $200 gift certificate (unless it's Black Friday). Better spend it on a good HDTV, because sometime they do have cheap deals.

Archived