PS3 or Xbox 360

el_jefe061

PS3 or Xbox 360  

18 members have voted

1. 1.

• PS3
    • Xbox 360

I'm thinking about getting an Xbox 360 or a PS3. I'm torn because of many things:

*I've been hearing things about Developers not liking PS3, and so far the games haven't come out great

*PS3 is too expensive

But...

*The disk size of the PS3 will definitely help in the future with games

*Maybe the poor quality of PS3 games is just due to the fact that it's so new, and the developers need a while to hone their craft.

So can anybody help me out, with reasons why I should get one or the other? And please, no fanboys ("PS3 is gay fool!")

360. Most of the games that were "exclusive" PS3 titles are being made for the 360.

PS3 is just way too expensive when basically the same thing can be had in the 360. Especialy if you don't have an HD tv then the PS3 would be pointless with the blu-ray drive and all that.

I have both, the 360 wins in a landslide

Cheeper

quicker load times

Better games

the ps3 controller is pure garbage

Blu-Ray on the ps3 looks like crap (a standalone looks a lot better)

HD-DVD (addon required) on the 360 looks amazing.

Only thing I like about the PS3 is the fact you can install a bigger hard drive if you want

The XBOX360 is beginning to cater more to their XBOX demographic and there isn't really many diverse titles out on the 360 as far as adventure or RPGs go. Almost 30% of the releases for the 360 this year are shooters. As frustrating as that sounds, you have to consider that the japanese developers do not warm up to western consoles. The XBOX360 is a western-made console with western-centric games. However as an american console, it has the most sound SDK for developers to make their games.

The PS3 on the other hand, it's a great console as well. It's just not primarily designed for games, as seen with the game Oblivion, which they had to gimp the game somehow due to technical restraints. It's not a matter of it being early in it's development cycle, it's just the fact that developers are starting to really cut corners because of it's technical limits. Surely, the Cell processor is great but when you think about all of the developer notes and the way Sony markets this machine, it's not designed for gaming at all. Blu-Ray is just not necessary for gaming at all. It's hard to explain really but b/c I'm not that big on console gaming, but what I do know is that the XBOX360 is more architecturally sound than the PS3.

technically you could do that on the 360, but it requires a little more work than the PS3

(add a bigger HDD)

as of now, there is no possible way. sectors 16 - 22 are encrypted and lock the HD size to 20 GIG. You can put a bigger HD in the unit but the system will only see 20 GIG

Even though more space for better gaming environments is a good thing, I still feel that Disk access time is far more essential than more space. That's the only thing that has not changed since the last generation. Shorter loading times on the PS3 is pure shenanigans, since for some games to shorten loading times you have to install a few things for cache which is like 2-3 gigs

The PS3 on the other hand, it's a great console as well. It's just not primarily designed for games

no it is not, it is designed to make blu-ray win over HD-DVD, and at this point that is all Sony cares about, if Blu-Ray fails Sony could go under.

It is hard to develop for and game for game that is on both systems the xbox version looks better

Even though more space for better gaming environments is a good thing, I still feel that Disk access time is far more essential than more space. That's the only thing that has not changed since the last generation. Shorter loading times on the PS3 is pure shenanigans, since for some games to shorten loading times you have to install a few things for cache which is like 2-3 gigs

load times on the PS3 are just as bad as the PS2, the Blu-Ray drive included in the unit is slow compared to MS's DVD drive

Sony has a big problem. The 360 seems to be the console of choice in the west, and in Japan their home market, according to G4, Nintendo is outselling them 4-1.
people do not like being forced to buy a blu-ray player, the PS3 would be $300 cheaper without it.

and I thought Blu-ray truly sucked (viewing on PS3) until I got a stand alone player, HD-DVD still has better PQ but nearly as much as I thought

Archived