Money reserves

lyon810

I look at a lot of my friends dynasties, most whom dont take the game as seriously as I and stack their team at every opportunity (which is my biggest pet peeve), and they will spend every penny they got.

I on the other hand like to keep at least $5 million saved up in case at any point the season, I crucial trade or signing is needed (right now with the Brewers I have just under $9 million in the bank mid-season).

I find this is a good strategy because I look at the other teams in the game and they are almost broke, with just a couple of hundred thousand lying around. Which in turn means in the offseason, they cant really afford to re-sign players who wnat bigger contracts. So I find by doing this this more or less tilts the FA market in my favor.

But am I the only one who keeps this large lump sum of money in the bank, or do you guys spend it all, wtv it takes to keep your team the way you like it?

It depends... Since I installed the FA mod a couple of seasons ago I have been spending a lot more money because there a lot more quality free agents. Before that I did usually like to keep a reserve to extend player's contracts or trade for a player for a play-off run late in the season.

Odalis Perez and Mike Sweeney and Mark Grudz are my favorite 3 to trade for the Royals. Get some good prospects back, and clear TONS of salary.

Edit: Also, trading for 1 year contracts is a good thing to do, if you play with budgets on.

Phil Nevin is a favorite of mine.

It depends... Since I installed the FA mod a couple of seasons ago I have been spending a lot more money because there a lot more quality free agents. Before that I did usually like to keep a reserve to extend player's contracts or trade for a player for a play-off run late in the season.

I am not familiar with the FA mod...

I actually play with budgets off but I don't do it the cheap way. When the offseason comes around, I will usually only sign 1 or 2 high talent players, and I actually don't resign some of my high talent players. I try to make it feel like real life, just without having to worry about money.

Archived