MVP Schedule Reader Released

compmaniac

I've uploaded a download that is pending for approval called MVP Schedule Reader.

It will read your schedule file and output the schedule in HTML format.

It has a very very bad layout, because I just released this as soon as I got something decent together.

This is probably a useless tool, but I made it so I could get familiar with programming in C++ with reading text files, so I will start working on the OOTP2MVP schedule converter.

If anybody is good at HTML and can make a good layout for this tool, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

http://mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=3786.html

compmaniac,

Once you succeed with the OOTP schedule converter to MVP then you will really have something !

I am very anxious to follow your results on that as it will be a very useful mod and one many will use with their full season historical classic mods. These full season mods are coming at a faster and faster pace every time I turn around. Out already or in the works are 61, 64, 67, 78, 87, 88 & 94. Best of all there are very likely many more to come following those.

Thanks,

Don

• 2 weeks later...

For instance, if I am in the middle of a Dynasty, and I don't want to play the Devil Rays, would I be able to switch them out for another team?

Just read your above post. I understand what you are saying. I am hoping someone comes up with something where I can goof around with the schedule anytime during the season. There is a program for NHL 2007, that let's you change games anytime you want.

I can definitely make a schedule editor that works in the middle of a dynasty. It's just not a top priority.

Compmaniac, I have a program that can input/output the current dynasty/owner schedule to/from the memory. Right now it just copies the data byte for byte to a file.

Two options - if you're looking to do this

1. I could convert it to text for you. It would have to be in a little different format than the current schedule files. (Because of the games already played - Linescores)

2. I could give you the information you need so that you will be able to read the schedule files that my program already creates. I have the whole layout figured out.

I would actually prefer option 2 for a couple of reasons.

1. Less work for me for something that I really don't care about.

2. If you don't already know how to work with binary data, this could be a good learning experience for you. -- If you manage to do this you're just a step or two away from editing the game's memory.

ty, is the current dynasty's schedule ALSO stored in memory? It isn't stored in any file? Not even the My DocumentsMVP Baseball 2005 folder?

And yeah, ty, thanks if you can help me with this project. This isn't my number one priority yet though, so it'll be a little while before I start working on the project, possibly.

And yes, you're right, I don't know anything about reading binary files.

And DJEagles11, if you switched out a team, you would have to find another date that's suitable for the two teams to match each other again. How would that happen? Would it be a double-header?

ty, is the current dynasty's schedule ALSO stored in memory? It isn't stored in any file? Not even the My DocumentsMVP Baseball 2005 folder?

And yeah, ty, thanks if you can help me with this project. This isn't my number one priority yet though, so it'll be a little while before I start working on the project, possibly.

And yes, you're right, I don't know anything about reading binary files.

The schedule is saved in the save file. But if you make any changes to the save file, it makes it unusable.

Send me a pm when you want my help on this.

Archived