Predictions for NBA All Star Weekend

Sandlot

I know it's over but going in I had

Dunk contest: Green

Skills: Wade

3 point: Miller

Shooting Stars: I had the Pistons because I live in MI so I was biased. That contest was the most un-smooth all-star event I've ever seen. They could NOT fix the clock, the video quality was messed up for me, and various other problems.

For the game I have West by 6.

MVP: Dirk

The dunk contest is becoming a lost cause because nobody is doing anything new. It's kind of hard when every good dunk has already been created and done 1000 times. I didn't get to see it tonight, but I'm sure when I watch it on Youtube later I won't be very surprised by the dunks the guys throw down.

I hope they get real judges next year cause Michael really looked like he didn't want to be there. I was disappointed with the Dunk Contest this year though. Howard was the most creative and he got shafted. Green's dunk that scored a 50 was piece of ****. Maybe 10 years ago that was great but not now. They need like a 30 sec shot clock on the dunks because the whole 2 minute thing is ridiculous. It ends up being like 20 tries and nobody cares after the first 3 anyway.

Speaking of the judges... two of them should have been in the competition! Wade, Byrant, and LeBron were in the wrong competition. They were probably there for the money which could be seen when LeBron was going in slow motion. The NBA needs to figure out how to get their big name stars in the correct competition.

As for the prediction... West-152 East- 136

The Kings need just one damn player in anything. Kevin Martin got the shaft. He is the most effecient 20 pt scoring guard in the league. We reward people for scoring 28 pts a game while shooting 35% but the guys shooting 50% don't get jack. There should be a rule where at least one person from each team gets into one of the events. And... the big one, fans should not vote. The people who vote are the ones who watch ESPN show how great Kobe and Iverson are. They don't have any basketball knowledge. The coaches should vote on everything.

Did anybody see Barkley and Bovetta last night after their race? They exchanged a kiss on the lips and for some reason i've been seeing more and more of this is sports. If i recall, when the White Sox won the world series, Ozzie Guienn kissed one of the players and now Barkeley and Bovetta. I know neither occurance is even the slightest bit homosexual intentions, but since when is this the way to show respect to fellow athletes?

Did anybody see Barkley and Bovetta last night after their race? They exchanged a kiss on the lips and for some reason i've been seeing more and more of this is sports. If i recall, when the White Sox won the world series, Ozzie Guienn kissed one of the players and now Barkeley and Bovetta. I know neither occurance is even the slightest bit homosexual intentions, but since when is this the way to show respect to fellow athletes?

Ehh, maybe it's just because Bavetta is old school. But, then again, Shaq did kiss T-mac (very randomly) after a dunk tonight, so it beats me.

Archived