Bluffton University Team Bus Accident

oxbay

A charter bus carrying a college baseball team from Ohio plunged off a highway ramp early Friday and slammed into the pavement below, killing at least six people and scattering sports equipment across the road, authorities said.

Read full article HERE

Im from Lima Ohio came to OSU for school. We played Bluffton High School all the time for school and acme baseball. I knew some people that played football at Bluffton College. CNN is saying its near Toledo which is way off. Its in Allen and Hancock County. They said it happend on I75 which would run from LIma all the way down to Atl. It is truly sad news. http://www.limanews.com/story.php?IDnum=35818

What is sad is when this is your hometown and all you think about is the inconvenience it is to you to get to work or school. Then you realize some have died in the accident and you look like a jerk for "being bothered".

Here is some additional information I picked up from CNN:

- "The fatalities included the bus driver, his wife and four students, Cobb said."

- "The bus exited I-75 southbound in an HOV lane in the center of the highway that leads onto a bridge at Northside Drive. The bus apparently did not stop at the top of the exit ramp and plunged off the bridge onto the southbound lanes of the expressway, according to two drivers, whose vehicles were hit by the bus or debris falling off it. (Watch as police explain how confusion over the HOV lane and exit may have led to the crash Video)"

Full article HERE

This is a sad story, you have to feel sorry for the families and friends.

P.S.-- I-75 runs all the way from Saulte Ste. Marie, Michigan down to Hialeah, Florida (near Miami).

Yeah I know where I75 runs I was just saying that they got on from Lima area. I wonder if there are speed strips on that off ramp that could warn someone that they need to slowdown? Any Atlanta residents know?

I checked their college website http://www.bluffton.edu/ to see where everyone was from thats on the team roster. Seeing if anyone went to my high school Bath or area ones. This is the message on that page

Unfortunately due to the tremendous number of hits to the site in this time,

the server is currently experiencing difficulties.

Bluffton University Men's Baseball Team Involved in Accident in Atlanta

The Bluffton University men's baseball team was involved in a bus accident in Atlanta, Ga., early March 2. The bus was on its way to Florida for the team's spring break games. "This is a sad tragedy for the students, families, friends and Bluffton University campus community. We are asking for prayers of support during this time," said Bluffton University President James M. Harder. We will continue to post information to the Web.

Archived