Internet Security

JoeyMcM93

Hey guys, I've had the McAfee VirusScan Plus for the 60 days and I can't renew it without buying it. I honestly don't have the money to buy one, so whats an alternative to using McAfee?

Also, this just started today, but I keep getting an alert message in Firefox saying onLookupFailed 55 1. It only occurs on certain sites, and MVPmods is one of them. Any thoughts? RAM, I know you know a lot about computer maintenance, so if you have any good ideas for an alternative security system, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

I've recently started using AOL AVS, which is built on the old Kaspersky updates and it's pretty good. I was incredibly reluctant to use anything labelled AOL, but it doesn't seem to be too bad at all. Seems to be doing a decent job, and I've been using Norton since 2001. My system seems just a little bit faster as well with AOL AVS rather than Norton installed.

You can get AOL AVS from here?.

I disabled SiteAdviser but is still popping up. I'm looking in to it now. Thanks Mark.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it. I just had to update my SiteAdviser because it wasn't cooperating with my new version of McAfee.

Also, to settle the security question, I forgot that my Comcast internet service came with a free subscription to McAfee. So I'm just going to use that. Thanks for the help guys, especially you Mark.

I disabled SiteAdviser but is still popping up. I'm looking in to it now. Thanks Mark.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it. I just had to update my SiteAdviser because it wasn't cooperating with my new version of McAfee.

Also, to settle the security question, I forgot that my Comcast internet service came with a free subscription to McAfee. So I'm just going to use that. Thanks for the help guys, especially you Mark.

No problem, glad you got rid of it. :)

Archived