Planning on buying an X-Box 360

medric822

Ok, I see that there are many options for these, and I was wondring if people can give me some useful advice on where to buy it cheaply, as well as what to get, because I play very few games, and I have to share this with my dad, who plays about 3-5 games.

Another good piece of advice. Never play it in a vertical position. It's not stable enough, and slight vibrations ring the discs. Ventilate it well, and the Nyko Intercooler is a good buy, keeps it a good 10 degrees cooler or so for about $20-30.

Ok, I see that there are many options for these, and I was wondring if people can give me some useful advice on where to buy it cheaply, as well as what to get, because I play very few games, and I have to share this with my dad, who plays about 3-5 games.

I got one about two months ago from Best Buys. It was Madden bundle pack. I got the Xbox 360, hard drive, one wireless controller, a heatset, Madden 2007 and you also get a free month of Xbox gold and I paid 399.99 for with a two year warrenty. I also bought Fight Night round 3 witch is a suprisingly good game and MLB 2K7. Im also thinking about getting GRAW2 as well sometime down the road cause the demo was fun.

I got one about two months ago from Best Buys. It was Madden bundle pack. I got the Xbox 360, hard drive, one wireless controller, a heatset, Madden 2007 and you also get a free month of Xbox gold and I paid 399.99 for with a two year warrenty. I also bought Fight Night round 3 witch is a suprisingly good game and MLB 2K7. Im also thinking about getting GRAW2 as well sometime down the road cause the demo was fun.

What's your GT?

Another good piece of advice. Never play it in a vertical position. It's not stable enough, and slight vibrations ring the discs. Ventilate it well, and the Nyko Intercooler is a good buy, keeps it a good 10 degrees cooler or so for about $20-30.

Objection!

The 360 only scratches games if you tilt it from one position to the other while you are playing the game. So it doesn't really matter what position you put it in. IMO I see no aesthetic difference.

Anyway, DO NOT get the intercooler, medric. JUST...don't. If you need a cooling product, get the Pelican fan stand.

http://crunchgear.com/2006/10/27/nykos-int...s-for-xbox-360/

So you got Madden for free. Good deal. The $400 version of 360 comes with all that other stuff anyway.

I'd suggest buying NHL 2K7 and Tony Hawk 8 as well. Both pretty good games.

Since it's been out for over a year now, you shouldn't have any trouble finding one. Finding one for cheap, however, is a different story. Maybe check Gamestop to see if they have any used?

I conceed. I've never heard of the problems with the Nyko product, I've used it since I purchased my 360 in June. I've had problems with my 360 since, but nothing related to intercooler. However now I am considering alternatives. As far as position, if you can keep the system stable while its vertical it should be fine, but honestly it just seems to be safer horizontal.

I conceed. I've never heard of the problems with the Nyko product, I've used it since I purchased my 360 in June. I've had problems with my 360 since, but nothing related to intercooler. However now I am considering alternatives. As far as position, if you can keep the system stable while its vertical it should be fine, but honestly it just seems to be safer horizontal.

There have been instances where the intercooler melts because of it being a plastic cooling solution and where it burns out around the socket area, on top of that, it leaves this wierd mark around the fan area.

I honestly don't see a purpose for a cooling solution if someone will only play let's say a couple 9 inning games and turn the system off. Personally when I had my X360 I would only spend, no lie, about 2 hours a day on the console playing Burnout Revenge which is one heck of a title. I only spent that long playing b/c I only had one game and that was my own way of keeping the game fresh

There have been instances where the intercooler melts because of it being a plastic cooling solution and where it burns out around the socket area, on top of that, it leaves this wierd mark around the fan area.

I honestly don't see a purpose for a cooling solution if someone will only play let's say a couple 9 inning games and turn the system off. Personally when I had my X360 I would only spend, no lie, about 2 hours a day on the console playing Burnout Revenge which is one heck of a title. I only spent that long playing b/c I only had one game and that was my own way of keeping the game fresh

I originally purchased the cooler because I was concerned with heat problems, because my dorm room doesn't have A/C. Doesn't matter at this point in the year, but in the early fall and late spring it gets damn warm in here. I usually play for a little longer than 2 hours. Oblivion especially drew long hours of play. At this point I'm somewhat unsure as how much care I want to take with it. Since the last time I fixed it I might be running on borrowed time.

Well, I'm into baseball games, and some realistic shooting games, like hitman and such, while my dad only likes "lets shoot em up" type games. Do you get a choice of what game you get with the 360, or no? And also, what games are good for 2 players?

Well, to go on what KC said, me and my dad are avid gamers. But does it take long to load and to cool off?

Games dont take long at all to long, well the ones I got dont. Call me crazy but this is what I do, when I am done playing my 360 I let it cool for a good 15-20 minutes, then I unplug it and wrap it back up in the plastic it came in an put it back in the box everytime I am done playing it. I never leave it sit out no matter what the circumstances are besides letting it cool.

If you love shooters, you should check out Gears of War. Its absolutely amazing. Personally I've played Oblivion for 4 or 5 hours at a time, and as I've said, Ive had problems. I was able to fix it and it might have happened anyways, as I was able to find quite a few people who had similar problems. I won't make any reccomendations on whats safe, but I figured Id give you my personal experience.

Well, I'll play realistic shooting games. Games that aren't set in a fantasy time or place. I'll play WWII games, or mercinary games, but games where you shoot monsters, forget it, too corny for my taste. Also, does EA have a baseball game for X-Box for 07? And if so, does it have any cool options (please, list all options that are available), and compare it to MLB 2K7 (did it come out yet?) please. Thanks!

Well, I'll play realistic shooting games. Games that aren't set in a fantasy time or place. I'll play WWII games, or mercinary games, but games where you shoot monsters, forget it, too corny for my taste. Also, does EA have a baseball game for X-Box for 07? And if so, does it have any cool options (please, list all options that are available), and compare it to MLB 2K7 (did it come out yet?) please. Thanks!

MLB2K7 is the ONLY baseball title out for the XBOX360. If anything a decent game setup for you would be Rainbow Six: Vegas, Fight Night Round 3 and MLB2K7

Games dont take long at all to long, well the ones I got dont. Call me crazy but this is what I do, when I am done playing my 360 I let it cool for a good 15-20 minutes, then I unplug it and wrap it back up in the plastic it came in an put it back in the box everytime I am done playing it. I never leave it sit out no matter what the circumstances are besides letting it cool.

That's kind of tedious...

I originally purchased the cooler because I was concerned with heat problems, because my dorm room doesn't have A/C. Doesn't matter at this point in the year, but in the early fall and late spring it gets damn warm in here. I usually play for a little longer than 2 hours. Oblivion especially drew long hours of play. At this point I'm somewhat unsure as how much care I want to take with it. Since the last time I fixed it I might be running on borrowed time.

If there was such a need for it, M$ would have created it and its MSRP would have been 59.99 or higher.

Ok, I saw that walmart.com is offering an X-Box 360 with 1 game and 1 ctrl for $399, and another one, with 2 games and 2 ctrl's and a faceplate for $500. Which is the better deal?

Also, can you buy the faceplates like you can a controler?

Archived