2007 D-Backs

NY_Yankees

Just some roster shuffling:

Is Upton/Hudson/scab to much for Sizemore/scab?

I wanted another lefty bat in the lineup with good contact and defense. My first choice was Melk Man. But to get him, I'd have to give up essentially what can give me Grady. I still want Melky some how. Melky / Sizemore/ Quentin looks nice. Melky may not have corner # power, but he's a favorite.

I traded a AAA pitcher, not Nippert or Owings for Homer Bailey. I felt dirty after the trade. I'm wondering if I should void the trade. No top prospect should be available that easily. Then again, who cares about fair. It's a game.

Anyone know of any sleeper RPs that can fit the closers role? I like the idea of a scab turned steal. A little different than the Bailey trade. He projects high. More along the lines of a pleasant surprise, like when the Yanks got Bruney, or when Karstens came up. Under the radar type guys.

Basically I'm trying to add young stars, while phasing out over paid guys. Randy, Livan, some of the pen.

Haha not the whole team.

I usually try to add 1 impact position player to give a team some umph. Someone cheap, with good potential that can easily be the star. Then I try to weed out the crappy pitchers, or over paid guys.

I might try to rework a package for Sizemore, while keeping Hudson. D-Backs need some offense until Drew, Jackson, etc find their grooves in my season.

I'm gonna go fiddle around some more... See what I can come up with.

Traded: (SP) Edgar Gonzalez, (CF) Rich Thompson, and (CF) Dave Krynzel to the Yankees for (SP) Jeff Karstens, (CF) Melky Cabrera, and (1B) Juan Miranda.

Signed random FA: (None of these guys were edited)

© Craig Geary, 16 years old. 5 star prospect. 3y/$300k - Outstanding fielding stats all 85+. Low batting power in the 50s, even lower contact in the 30s. Good on the paths and good discipline, but slow speed and poor durability.

(CF) Corey Ramirez, 16 years old. 5 star prospect. 3/$900k - Already has superstar/MVP like fielding stats, aside from 65 range. Batting stats he's got high power numbers in the 60s and 70s, but from each respective side (cant remember them) he's got contact equal to half.

Should I go ahead with the Homer Bailey trade?

Anyone know of any sleeper RPs that can fit the closers role? I like the idea of a scab turned steal. A little different than the Bailey trade. He projects high. More along the lines of a pleasant surprise, like when the Yanks got Bruney, or when Karstens came up. Under the radar type guys.

Greg Aquino or Justin Speier have filled the closer's spot for me quite well.

Traded: (SP) Edgar Gonzalez, (CF) Rich Thompson, and (CF) Dave Krynzel to the Yankees for (SP) Jeff Karstens, (CF) Melky Cabrera, and (1B) Juan Miranda.

Signed random FA: (None of these guys were edited)

© Craig Geary, 16 years old. 5 star prospect. 3y/$300k - Outstanding fielding stats all 85+. Low batting power in the 50s, even lower contact in the 30s. Good on the paths and good discipline, but slow speed and poor durability.

(CF) Corey Ramirez, 16 years old. 5 star prospect. 3/$900k - Already has superstar/MVP like fielding stats, aside from 65 range. Batting stats he's got high power numbers in the 60s and 70s, but from each respective side (cant remember them) he's got contact equal to half.

Should I go ahead with the Homer Bailey trade?

Go ahead. Bailey is a top notch prospect, though I would put Hughes above him in my eyes, it's still a steal of a deal.

I love signing those FA's that are generated by the game...but I normally make them a more reasonable age, sometimes there's a 17 year old in the majors and doing very well...

Archived