Video Card Upgrade?

mvp23

I have a quick question for you all. I want to buy a new video card that`s has 512mb of memory but all video card on newegg.com are GDDR2 type of memory. My PC can only run the RAM that`s DDR and I am not sure if the video card that has 512mb of memory and GDDr2 will be able to run on my PC.

i recently went this same exact thing, whatever you do just go with the sure thing it really sucks to order card only to have it not work when it gets there, long story short make sure you do ur research. and make sure you power supply can handle the new card too most of the newer cards require a connection to ur power supply. u also might want to check out geeks.com they have some pretty good deals on there sometimes.

I have a quick question for you all. I want to buy a new video card that`s has 512mb of memory but all video card on newegg.com are GDDR2 type of memory. My PC can only run the RAM that`s DDR and I am not sure if the video card that has 512mb of memory and GDDr2 will be able to run on my PC.

Post your cpu specs and link to the video card you want.

the type of PC RAM you have has nothing to do with the video card's RAM

Yesss, thanks KC. This is great news because I thought that I would have to buy a new motherboard so that I can stick some SDDR2 inorder to upgrade my video card. Thanks to every one!

Archived