Would anyone be interested in a World Cup roster set?

DRaysGoRocco

I've been thinking about this for a while. I have the rosters put togather for 10 countries and could do 12 if possible.

Countries like:

USA

Japan

Dominican Republic

Venezuela

Cuba

Mexico

Canada

Puerto Rico (seperate team)

Australia

Panama

Possibly Korea and/or Taiwan

The main problem I see is that since there will only be 10-12 teams, there will be about 20 teams remaining in the league that aren't "countries". I'm not sure what to do about that yet.

Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions.

I've been thinking about this for a while. I have the rosters put togather for 10 countries and could do 12 if possible.

Countries like:

USA

Japan

Dominican Republic

Venezuela

Cuba

Mexico

Canada

Puerto Rico (seperate team)

Australia

Panama

Possibly Korea and/or Taiwan

The main problem I see is that since there will only be 10-12 teams, there will be about 20 teams remaining in the league that aren't "countries". I'm not sure what to do about that yet.

Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions.

that would be great. look forward to it.

Okay... here's the top 30 teams that I think could compete in a World Cup... I'll even give you divisions. I included Greece, even though they suck because they get to be in the Olympics (host nation automatically qualifies). The other countries are based on past Olympic qualifiers and teams that have done well in random tournaments or have sent a boatload of players to the Majors. Then I tossed in a few random teams just for the hell of it. Hello Costa Rica!

Western Hemisphere

North

United States

Canada

Mexico

Cuba

Puerto Rico

Central

Dominican Republic

Nicaragua

Curacao

Aruba

Costa Rica

South

Venezuela

Columbia

Brazil

Panama

Eastern Hemisphere

West

Netherlands

Italy

Greece

France

United Kingdom

Germany

Northeast

Russia

South Korea

Japan

China

Taiwan

Southeast

Vietnam

Philippines

Australia

Saudia Arabia

South Africa

ryleeys, I really like the idea. The problems with doing that many teams is finding players to actually fill the 25 man rosters for those teams. It was difficult enough to find players for teams like Panama, I could just imagine how hard it would be to find players for Costa Rica or France for example.

Even so, those teams would be so horrible, they would have no shot against countries like USA or Dominican Republic.

I was thinking of a couple of ideas. One was to do a roster set of the Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball). I could combine the 12 teams in Yakyu with 18 World Cup teams and put them all in AAA. That way you could play Major league teams vs Japan teams or countries.

The International League (AAA) has 14 teams, so I could put the Yakyu League there with 2 of the worst countries to fill the 2 exttra spots. Then the Pacific Coast league will have the other 16 countries.

Anyone have any ideas, suggestions, or want to help? I think this could be a lot of fun.

I beginning to work on the world cup rosters. But I have a question.

Is it possible to have duplicate players? For example, Can I have Pedro Martinez on the Red Sox and Pedro Martinez on the Domician team at the same time? Should they have the same player ID or different id's?

Thanks

Guest Mindwarped

I beginning to work on the world cup rosters. But I have a question.

Is it possible to have duplicate players? For example, Can I have Pedro Martinez on the Red Sox and Pedro Martinez on the Domician team at the same time? Should they have the same player ID or different id's?

Thanks

YES

and it does not matter, but I would use the same so they say his name.

I've already started on putting the World Cup rosters togather. I'm placing them on PCL AAA teams and chosing teams with similar jersey colors. For example, USA on the Iowa Cubs because they have Red, White, and Blue. Unfortunately and ironically, most "baseball" countries have red, white, and blue in their flag and I can't satisfy all the team's colors.

For countries like the US and Dominican, I placed more players in their AA's roster. So if someone doesn't agree on who I put on team USA, there is a pool of 22 more players on the West Tenn Diamond Jaxx to call-up and send down.

USA, Domican, Puerto Rico, Venezuela, etc were easy to do because most, if not all of their players are on an MLB roster already. But teams like Japan and Cuba have about half, non-MLB players on their roster and those players must be created, which is the most time consuming.

I also need to find unique Player ID's so I can import pictures of the players. To tell you the truth, I have no experience with that. So if someone wants to help me out, that would be excellent.

I really can't give an ETA at this point, as I'm still learning some things on the fly.

So, how are the rosters coming along?

Rosters are coming along great. I played the US vs Dominican yesterday, and man what a great game.

I was the US, took a quick 3-0 lead in the 2nd inning with a Jim Edmonds HR off of Pedro. Later in the 4th, they took a 4-3 lead with XBH's by Pujols, Tejada, and Soriano. In the 8th inning, I went back ahead 5-4 with a 2-run shot by Thome and then brought in Billy Wagner to close it out. Wagner gave up a run in the top of the 9th and I went into the bottom half all tied up. They brought in Armando Benitez, and I quickly got the bases loaded for Garrett Anderson who was replacing Barry Bonds (injured sliding). Anderson won it with a single to left and I went on to win 6-5. So you can get the idea of how fun it can be.

I've decided to release it with just 8 countries (USA, Dominican, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Japan, Mexico, Cuba, and Canada) After that, the talent levels go downhill. If there is a big response to the set, I'll add more teams like Australia, Panama, Korea, and Taiwan.

Right now, i'm working on portraits, logos and changing the organizations names. I have a day off tommorrow and hope to get it mostly done by then. I'll keep you updated.

I had a couple of small setbacks, but I'm back on track. I'm not working on the logo's (flags and the map of each country).

I would love to have uniforms of each team, but I really don't know how to do that myself. If someone wants to tackle that, go right adead. I think someone has already made a Team USA uniform mod.

Archived