Guess that song

Yankee4Life

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the Ladies, but which song....one of their best IMO.

Okay. I give up. I can't figure it out. Although, thanks DJ for giving me the opportunity to listen to a bunch of BNL songs.

My favourite of their songs–although originally written and sung by Bruce Cockburn–is Lovers in a Dangerous Time.

The Barenaked Ladies were from the borough/city I grew up in, and their video for "Lovers in a Dangerous Time" features so many recognizable landmarks for me:

The Club Bingo (@ 0:07): Now Top Food Supermarket, was/is across the street from my high-school.

The Strip Mall (@ 0:25) with the Bell Repair truck and two adjacent billboards: used to have a bunch of stores that we used to frequent. One of them was this computer store that used to have bins full of AOL CDs!

As well, I forget what it was then, but the building with the two billboards is now a Goodwill.

The large park (@ 3:47): was my elementary school's field/park. I remember the first time I saw this video-I was still in elementary school at the time- freaking out because it was filmed there, thinking it was sooo cool. All those buildings you can see from the field were passed during my walk home...

You can watch the video here:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=WAsWMakiBX8

I had forgotten about, "Lovers in a Dangerous Time". Excellent song.

The song I picked is, "What A Good Boy". Love it. It has to be my favorite, of all their songs.

Great choice for a song DJ. You know I'm pretty sure it was one of the songs I listened to, just didn't think the lyrics fit so I wrote it off... Doh!

I think the sentimental value of the video for "Lovers in a Dangerous Time" wins me over. It's just so cool seeing landmarks I see or used to see every day.

Here's another contribution by me, it's an easy one:

People often ask me just the way it must feel

To be standing up here with you down there

Let it now be known that throughout all of these years

I have been wearing polka dot underwear

Archived