Guess that song

Yankee4Life

I was not sure if something like this was done in here before. I did check the forums but came up empty. I know we have a song of the day thread, but this is different. Here, you provide a lyric from a song that you know and other people try to guess the name of the song.

If this catches on, that's fine. It will be something else to do. If not, no problem.

Here is my lyric:

Cancel my subscription to the resurrection...

send my credentials to the House of Detention...

I've got some friends inside....

Now give me the name of the song.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(I feel that Google cheaters will ruin this game, so may I make a suggestion? Perhaps the game would be better played and more challenging, if you changed some of the lyrics to homonyms or soundalikes. See John McCain's recent "Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran" gaffe for a good example.)

(The other thing though is that this game might lead even the Google cheaters to new songs. I just looked this one up and am now going to give it a listen.)

(Anyway, maybe the key is trust. If you don't know without cheating, don't answer. You bunch of hypothetical jerks!)

(The other thing though is that this game might lead even the Google cheaters to new songs. I just looked this one up and am now going to give it a listen.)

It's about a ten minute song AstroEric :)

As for the Google cheaters, I think what you said about leading them to new songs that they may not know about could be a good thing. What the heck, as long as these guys enjoy themselves.

Here they come

I heard it from a confident -

Who heard it form a confidant

They're definately on their way

There's one with this idea

Something about a hammer head shark

Nosehairs and flatus

Best keep your distance because

Here they come ________________

Bury your head deep in the sand

Anonyminity is a virtue in this day and age

Amazing hand dexterity

Flagrant misuse of security

Better run, run, run, run, run

Run Run Run Run, here they come

Between the blood in the buns and the dirt in the fries, I think the Shins must've had a bad experience at a Shoney's somewhere.

New Slang.

--Eric

Yeah twisted lyrics... their newest album is one of the worst pieces of music I have purchased in years.

Archived