1. 1.

• Home Run Baker - A's Yankees
    • Wade Boggs - Red Sox
    • George Brett - Royals
    • Jimmy Collins - Red Sox
    • George Kell - Tigers
    • Graig Nettles - Yankees
    • Brooks Robinson - Orioles

if he did there would be no way to know who the other is. but honestly, i really can't think of anyone for a write in. maybe arod. but i don't care what anyone says, he's still a SS in my book.

I thought about mentioning A-Rod, but it's only his fourth year at the position. That's like putting up David Wright for this, he simply doesn't have the credentials at third yet despite his MVP performance in '05.

if he did there would be no way to know who the other is. but honestly, i really can't think of anyone for a write in. maybe arod. but i don't care what anyone says, he's still a SS in my book.

Yep. And the thing is he's a better SS than Jeter. Defenisive metrics have proven it.

It's going to be interesting to see how Arod is viewed historically 50 yrs from now. It's possible he could be viewed as one of the best SS's of all time and one of the best 3B's of all time provided he plays another 6-7 years at third.

if he plays long it should be easy. but heck, maybe he'll leave new york and play elsewhere. i don't know why it bothers me so much watching him play 3b. it's such a waste of talent if you ask me. it's like putting johan santana in middle relief.

• 7 months later...

George Brett over Brooks Robinson????

You've got to be kidding me! I've seen them both play and Brett couldn't carry Robinson's glove. Better hitter, true -- but the play of Brooks around third more than made up for "only" averaging 15 homeruns, 71 RBIs, 65 runs and .267 average.

Brett was a great player and deserves to be viewed as one of the top overall players of his time, but the baseball history is replete with 312 hitters. Guys that could field AND hit like Brooks were and still are the true All-Stars.

Regards,

Al

Archived