Kamasutra's Datafile Uploaded and Ready for download!!

Guest Mindwarped

I just wish that he would not have included that entire installation process with this. I think it would have been better to just include the datafiles themselves. :?

He includes 40 dat files, #1 rule when making a mod assume everyone has a 0 IQ.

alot of people would be lost when faced with 40 different dat files

:banghead:

I keep getting an error that says c:windowssystem32autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Any idea why im getting this when I try to run your mod? I didn't have this problem with your previous mod.

Tks in advance! :banghead: :cry:

I keep getting an error that says c:windowssystem32autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Any idea why im getting this when I try to run your mod? I didn't have this problem with your previous mod.

Same problem for me

He includes 40 dat files, #1 rule when making a mod assume everyone has a 0 IQ.

alot of people would be lost when faced with 40 different dat files

Heh heh... if someone had a 0 IQ I don't think they would know how to turn on the "on button" of their computer, much less download a file on the web etc..

For info. only...

I downloaded Kamasutra's datafile w/ options 2 days ago.....Executed the .".exe" file and it loaded with no problem.

Don't know what could be causing others to have error messages...I unzipped the file to a special folder that I keep on the desktop and ran the executable file and....shazam....everything was fine.

Have used various options now for 2 days without a problem....Wish I could help but the file does work, at least on my system.

Guest Mindwarped

SYMPTOMS

If you try to start or install an MS-DOS-based or a 16-bit Windows-based program on your Windows XP-based computer, you may receive an error message that is similar to one of the following:

16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem

path to the program that you are trying to start or install

C:WinntSystem32config.nt The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem

config.nt The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem

C:WindowsSystem32Autoexec.nt The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

Although you may be prompted to quit the program or ignore the error message, either selection makes the program quit.

CAUSE

This issue may occur if one or more of the following files are missing or damaged:

* Config.nt

* Autoexec.nt

* Command.com

RESOLUTION

To resolve this issue:

1. Insert the CD into the CD drive or DVD drive.

2. Click Start, and then click Run.

3. In the Open box, type cmd, and then click OK.

4. At the command prompt, type the following commands, pressing ENTER after each command:

expand CD-ROM Drive Letter:i386config.nt_ c:windowssystem32config.nt

expand CD-ROM Drive Letter:i386autoexec.nt_ c:windowssystem32autoexec.nt

expand CD-ROM Drive Letter:i386command.co_ c:windowssystem32command.com

exit

5. Start or install the program. If the issue is resolved, do not complete the remaining steps. If the issue is not resolved, go to the next step.

6. Note: The Command.com file is not edited or created in this in the following process. Because of this, you may have to expand it from your Windows XP CD-ROM.

Start Notepad.

7. In Notepad, type the following entries:

dos=high, umb

device=%SYSTEMROOT%system32himem.sys

files=40
8. On the File menu, click Save As. 9. In the File Name box, type Config.nt, and then click Save. Close the Config.nt file. 10. On the File menu, click New. 11. In the new blank document, type the following entries:
@echo off

lh %SYSTEMROOT%system32mscdexnt.exe

lh %SYSTEMROOT%system32

edir

lh %SYSTEMROOT%system32dosx

SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 P330 T3

12. On the File menu, click Save As.

13. In the File Name box, type Autoexec.nt, and then click Save. Close the Autoexec.nt file.

14. Start Windows Explorer. Locate the Config.nt file, right-click the Config.nt file, and then click Copy.

15. Right-click the %SYSTEMROOT%System32 folder, and then click Paste.

16. Locate the Autoexec.nt file, right-click the Autoexec.nt file, and then click Copy.

17. Right-click the %SYSTEMROOT%System32 folder, and then click Paste.

18. Locate the Command.com file, right-click the expanded Command.com file, and then click Copy.

19. Right-click the %SYSTEMROOT%System32 folder, and then click Paste. Restart your computer.

For info. only...

I downloaded Kamasutra's datafile w/ options 2 days ago.....Executed the .".exe" file and it loaded with no problem.

Don't know what could be causing others to have error messages...I unzipped the file to a special folder that I keep on the desktop and ran the executable file and....shazam....everything was fine.

Have used various options now for 2 days without a problem....Wish I could help but the file does work, at least on my system.

Same here, runs fine on my system and others that gave me feedback by email. Sorry for those who have issues with the Dos errors. I cannot seem to replicate the error on my system.

Thanks to Mindwarped for providing a possible explanation. You have better knowledge of XP & Dos than anyone here :)

I'll keep looking into it, but until I reproduce the error there's not much I can do.

For those that have the issue, can you be more specific as to what:

- Tweak you are applying (menu option)

- If you are removing pips etc..

- any other detail.

laters

Edit:

Just uninstalled my mods (datafile & stadiums) and downloaded and then re-installed. Then tried some random options (including removing pips, walk-up music etc..)

Still no errors. Game loads and runs on my system.

Before releasing I did a check and ran each single option in the menus. Same as I did for the previous releases. So I don't know what could be causing this issue for some.

Maybe someone can provide details.

Cheers

It is not a problem after running the Mod, I get the error trying to run it. I have played with this a bit, but want to clarify...

I found a file called COMMAND.CO_ on my Windows XP disk. Do I copy and rename this file to Command.com and then add it to my c:Windows directory. I am fairly familiar with DOS but don't want to screw anything up. Thanks!!!

I know i'm gonna sound like a douche, but i've never touched these data files before. this one was brand new and everyone has raved about it, so i'm excited to give it a try.

first off, extremely nice layout kamasutra, very rad.

my only problem is i dont know what all to install. there are 9 options! very cool, but how many do i need? should i download all three levels and all the extras and cameras and stuff?

does everything overwrite the game or just add?

i'm sorry to ask so many questions, but i wanna make sure kamasutra's nice mod is applied to its fullest potential to my game.

WOW!!

This mod rocks!!!

It wasn't this mod that fudged up my game, it was a couple of cyberfaces i downloaded!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS MOD, DUDE!!!!

Thanks emil, glad you like.

Yes I was wondering why it was working fine on my system. Some people sitll may have issues with DOs & Winxp but I think that's unrelated to the mod.

For thespungo:

thanks for the comments. For your questions, I suggest you read the "Extended info Readme" which addresses some of that.

And visit my mods site and look under "surveys" to find out how people use the tweaks etc..

And yes, they overwrite your settings.

Is this better than the "Pitcher Cam POV/RodData7 datafile/Kam fisheye batting view/Boricua's modified fielding views+animation tweaks/new icons and meters" datafile? If so, what makes it better?

I'm just confused as I want to start my definite Dynasty mode but don't know which datafile is better. I was using Trues' ones but I think one of these two is better.

Which of "Pitcher Cam POV/RodData7 datafile/Kam fisheye batting view/Boricua's modified fielding views+animation tweaks/new icons and meters" datafile and Kamasutra's datafile is better and why?

As far as what are the differences in datafiles?..... I suggest reading the "readme" writeups. You can go to the download section and find the Roddata 4, 5 and 7 files and then be able to read the exact readme for that specific datafile.

That is the best way to determine which (if any) to use....Also Kamasutra's readme tells about his "tweak" differences and how that will affect game play.

It really comes down to "trial and error".....

For example....So far in my dynasty I have used 3 different datafiles and have played non-dynasty games to experiment with all datafiles and tweaks that I have downloaded.

It is virtually impossible to advise others on which datafile is "best", since we all have different likes and dis-likes.....Trail and error is the only real way to determine which is best for what you are looking for.

very well said tks.

As he mentions, you should refer to the readmes for knowledge of what tweaks. Not only did I include all of Rod's Readmes for Each of his tweaks (look in your start menu folks :)

but on top of that I wrote an extensive "Readme - Extended info" (also available through the start menu) which details the tweaks, differences in levels and such. when I say start menu, I mean your "Start/Kam Mod" Program group...

Really writing it all over here is pointless since what you're looking for is in there.

As tks said it's a matter of trial and your personal tastes. THere's also a survey on my site so you see what people use, as well as sliders:

Kam Mods

Archived